Hot on the heels of the new Netflix show based on #GIRLBOSS comes Sophia Amoruso's workbook of tips, doodles, and fill-in-the-blanks that will help you become your best Girlboss yet. A graphic and whimsical easy-to-carry life bible filled with to-do lists, timelines, exercises, illustrations and plenty of scribble room, The Girlboss Workbook is fit for both the dreamer and the doer. It invites you--hell, implores you--to get in there and mess it up a little. Write in the blank spaces and in between them. #GIRLBOSS started as Sophia's story, but The Girlboss Workbook is your story. It includes the best advice from #GIRLBOSS, of course, and will remind readers of the story of the girl who got her start fumbling and failing hard, but now it is time to take her story and use it to help you write your own. Use The Girlboss Workbook to design your own freak flag to your heart's content. Ask yourself (or your mom) what makes you special and then draw in your own special snowflake. Revisit #GIRLBOSS's sage career wisdom and then use it to draft your own dream cover letter and answer your own practice interview questions. Fill in the blanks with your turn-ons and turn-offs, your most badass accomplishments, your mistakes. Write your own lemonade recipe with your own personal lemons. Use this workbook as a diary, a mood board, a stress ball. No need to handle this book with care and no need to live a typical, cookie-cutter life. Sophia's has been anything but.
Sophia Amoruso turned her hobby selling vintage clothing on eBay into Nasty Gal, one of the fastest growing companies in America. Her rise has been covered by major media like The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Inc., and The Wall Street Journal, and she has a devoted following on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
This lovely book caught my eye when it came through the letterbox because not only does it have a very eye-catching design (I love the illustrations and doodles on the pages within) but it's all about building your own confidence and providing inspiration so you can be your own #girlboss! I love the interview advice and the lists/ sections which encourage the reader to get to know themselves better with prompts such as what turns you on and off, your most memorable mistakes, etc; it's got a great purpose. As the synopsis says, Use this workbook as a diary, a mood board, a stress ball - it works for all three and would make such a great gift for any great females in your life! I haven't read #GirlBoss but I definitely want to give it a go now.
Das Girlboss Workbook: Eine Interaktive Tagebuch Für Deine Erfolgsgeschichte
Be empowered! 3.75 Not the usual title for the TripFiction Team… You’ve come across #Girlboss on Netflix? Right? Now read the book. This is a graphic and whimsical guide full of the dos and don’ts to get your where you want to be in life. It’s fun, it has some very basic points (like DON’T be late for an interview, do make sure you research the company where you want to work). This is a “how to” get your life on track, it offers goals, and it offers inspiration and LOADS OF POSITIVITY. And yes, it is like a manual on speed dial and peppered with doodly diagrams. It is a super basic life calculator, in other words. Best of all is the big FEAR double page, where the author invites you to cover it in your best graffiti… and exhorts you to feel the fear AND DO IT ANYWAY . And the bit that appealed to us most? Of course, the chapter where you need to list “The Cities to visit before I die”. It is for young women, it is loud (yes books can be shouty), it is in your face. The author has clearly had fun drawing and doodling. If you are young, and female, then you can have a giggle colouring and a good think as you go along.
Having retired from work some time ago, I didn't feel, at first, that I was in the right demographic for The GirlBoss Work Book. However, I spent an informative couple of hours reading through the book and looking at the exercises and found myself nodding my head in agreement at the little nuggets of wisdom it contains and, by the end of my first read through, I was of the opinion that this book would have helped enormously when I was just setting out on my career, all those years ago. It would seem that whilst so much has changed in terms of encouraging young women, there are still areas where women need to grasp the opportunity to empower themselves. The book is fun, easy to carry around in a handbag and, I would imagine would be just as easy to pick up and read when travelling around on public transport. All with the intention of encouraging confidence and self-worth, the exercises within the book are listed so that they are easy to complete, nothing is too taxing or too onerous, just little snippets of wisdom which will make you think about what you want and how you intend to get it. There's some great advice, from the etiquette of networking, to having the perfect interview, and even beyond into how to keep from going bankrupt and how to calm your biggest fears. The book’s quirky graphics made me smile. Its interactive format is both practical and entertaining, and whilst it encourages creativity, it also fosters the belief that taking the initiative and being in control of your own destiny, really is the way forward. I think that The GirlBoss Work Book is going to be one of those little gems that could easily find its way, in the next few weeks, into secret Santa parcels in offices throughout the land, or could just as easily be wrapped up in sparkly paper for a young woman you know to find under her Christmas tree.
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway here on and I am happy I did. I'm not going to lie I gave up on workbooks and interactive journals a long time ago, but I'll admit, this one was fun. A bit inspirational and fun. There were activities I enjoyed doing and activities I did skip over but I pulled this out every time I was bored at work or in the car. It's pretty good considering I haven't had an interactive book similar to this since I was 13. I think anyone should go get a copy no matter who you are, except children cause they don't need this in their life right now. it's worth it.
Sophia Amoruso Is Happy Girlboss Was Cancelled
Http://www.jerasjamboree.co.uk/2017/1... I love workbooks like this. It's fun and interactive with more than one use! The Girlboss Workbook is quirky, giving tips and guidance in a no-nonsense but fun way. The graphics are fresh and 'pop' on every page. You can doodle and colour in too making the workbook a resource for taking you away from the 'busyness' of life into a mindfulness state of mind. Ponder the prompts from Sophia Amoruso while you get those pens/pencils out. You'll think about the role models in your life, ponder tips and prompts on preparation for an interview, think about the type of co-worker you are, what to do (and not to do!) if you get fired plus life skills such as debt/budgeting as well as get you thinking about your personal life and your hopes and dreams. It's always painful examining your own fears and failures isn't it ... but Sophia's attitude will get you look at things differently and bring acceptance. There's just so much packed into these pages. Girls and young women will love it!
When this fell on my door mat yesterday I thought it looked really fun. I hadn't read Girl Boss but I didn't think that mattered, after reading this I know that I am right. This book is one of advise on getting a job and such things, there are also motivational pages and it is inspirational. It is great that it is interactive and you can document your thoughts and feelings throughout. There seems to be more information to begin with and it becomes more of a motivation journey you fill in towards the end. It was a very quick read, but it is one of those books that you will go back to and pick up time and time again, flicking to the part that is relevant to you for that particular day. This is a book that would be useful even if you are not the 'boss' or have your own business. You can still take elements from the interactive part of the book. You can also link it to your own life, for instance there is a part of debt and how to ensure you get out of it, this could apply to you even if you don't have a business. I would like
Be empowered! 3.75 Not the usual title for the TripFiction Team… You’ve come across #Girlboss on Netflix? Right? Now read the book. This is a graphic and whimsical guide full of the dos and don’ts to get your where you want to be in life. It’s fun, it has some very basic points (like DON’T be late for an interview, do make sure you research the company where you want to work). This is a “how to” get your life on track, it offers goals, and it offers inspiration and LOADS OF POSITIVITY. And yes, it is like a manual on speed dial and peppered with doodly diagrams. It is a super basic life calculator, in other words. Best of all is the big FEAR double page, where the author invites you to cover it in your best graffiti… and exhorts you to feel the fear AND DO IT ANYWAY . And the bit that appealed to us most? Of course, the chapter where you need to list “The Cities to visit before I die”. It is for young women, it is loud (yes books can be shouty), it is in your face. The author has clearly had fun drawing and doodling. If you are young, and female, then you can have a giggle colouring and a good think as you go along.
Having retired from work some time ago, I didn't feel, at first, that I was in the right demographic for The GirlBoss Work Book. However, I spent an informative couple of hours reading through the book and looking at the exercises and found myself nodding my head in agreement at the little nuggets of wisdom it contains and, by the end of my first read through, I was of the opinion that this book would have helped enormously when I was just setting out on my career, all those years ago. It would seem that whilst so much has changed in terms of encouraging young women, there are still areas where women need to grasp the opportunity to empower themselves. The book is fun, easy to carry around in a handbag and, I would imagine would be just as easy to pick up and read when travelling around on public transport. All with the intention of encouraging confidence and self-worth, the exercises within the book are listed so that they are easy to complete, nothing is too taxing or too onerous, just little snippets of wisdom which will make you think about what you want and how you intend to get it. There's some great advice, from the etiquette of networking, to having the perfect interview, and even beyond into how to keep from going bankrupt and how to calm your biggest fears. The book’s quirky graphics made me smile. Its interactive format is both practical and entertaining, and whilst it encourages creativity, it also fosters the belief that taking the initiative and being in control of your own destiny, really is the way forward. I think that The GirlBoss Work Book is going to be one of those little gems that could easily find its way, in the next few weeks, into secret Santa parcels in offices throughout the land, or could just as easily be wrapped up in sparkly paper for a young woman you know to find under her Christmas tree.
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway here on and I am happy I did. I'm not going to lie I gave up on workbooks and interactive journals a long time ago, but I'll admit, this one was fun. A bit inspirational and fun. There were activities I enjoyed doing and activities I did skip over but I pulled this out every time I was bored at work or in the car. It's pretty good considering I haven't had an interactive book similar to this since I was 13. I think anyone should go get a copy no matter who you are, except children cause they don't need this in their life right now. it's worth it.
Sophia Amoruso Is Happy Girlboss Was Cancelled
Http://www.jerasjamboree.co.uk/2017/1... I love workbooks like this. It's fun and interactive with more than one use! The Girlboss Workbook is quirky, giving tips and guidance in a no-nonsense but fun way. The graphics are fresh and 'pop' on every page. You can doodle and colour in too making the workbook a resource for taking you away from the 'busyness' of life into a mindfulness state of mind. Ponder the prompts from Sophia Amoruso while you get those pens/pencils out. You'll think about the role models in your life, ponder tips and prompts on preparation for an interview, think about the type of co-worker you are, what to do (and not to do!) if you get fired plus life skills such as debt/budgeting as well as get you thinking about your personal life and your hopes and dreams. It's always painful examining your own fears and failures isn't it ... but Sophia's attitude will get you look at things differently and bring acceptance. There's just so much packed into these pages. Girls and young women will love it!
When this fell on my door mat yesterday I thought it looked really fun. I hadn't read Girl Boss but I didn't think that mattered, after reading this I know that I am right. This book is one of advise on getting a job and such things, there are also motivational pages and it is inspirational. It is great that it is interactive and you can document your thoughts and feelings throughout. There seems to be more information to begin with and it becomes more of a motivation journey you fill in towards the end. It was a very quick read, but it is one of those books that you will go back to and pick up time and time again, flicking to the part that is relevant to you for that particular day. This is a book that would be useful even if you are not the 'boss' or have your own business. You can still take elements from the interactive part of the book. You can also link it to your own life, for instance there is a part of debt and how to ensure you get out of it, this could apply to you even if you don't have a business. I would like
Be empowered! 3.75 Not the usual title for the TripFiction Team… You’ve come across #Girlboss on Netflix? Right? Now read the book. This is a graphic and whimsical guide full of the dos and don’ts to get your where you want to be in life. It’s fun, it has some very basic points (like DON’T be late for an interview, do make sure you research the company where you want to work). This is a “how to” get your life on track, it offers goals, and it offers inspiration and LOADS OF POSITIVITY. And yes, it is like a manual on speed dial and peppered with doodly diagrams. It is a super basic life calculator, in other words. Best of all is the big FEAR double page, where the author invites you to cover it in your best graffiti… and exhorts you to feel the fear AND DO IT ANYWAY . And the bit that appealed to us most? Of course, the chapter where you need to list “The Cities to visit before I die”. It is for young women, it is loud (yes books can be shouty), it is in your face. The author has clearly had fun drawing and doodling. If you are young, and female, then you can have a giggle colouring and a good think as you go along.
Having retired from work some time ago, I didn't feel, at first, that I was in the right demographic for The GirlBoss Work Book. However, I spent an informative couple of hours reading through the book and looking at the exercises and found myself nodding my head in agreement at the little nuggets of wisdom it contains and, by the end of my first read through, I was of the opinion that this book would have helped enormously when I was just setting out on my career, all those years ago. It would seem that whilst so much has changed in terms of encouraging young women, there are still areas where women need to grasp the opportunity to empower themselves. The book is fun, easy to carry around in a handbag and, I would imagine would be just as easy to pick up and read when travelling around on public transport. All with the intention of encouraging confidence and self-worth, the exercises within the book are listed so that they are easy to complete, nothing is too taxing or too onerous, just little snippets of wisdom which will make you think about what you want and how you intend to get it. There's some great advice, from the etiquette of networking, to having the perfect interview, and even beyond into how to keep from going bankrupt and how to calm your biggest fears. The book’s quirky graphics made me smile. Its interactive format is both practical and entertaining, and whilst it encourages creativity, it also fosters the belief that taking the initiative and being in control of your own destiny, really is the way forward. I think that The GirlBoss Work Book is going to be one of those little gems that could easily find its way, in the next few weeks, into secret Santa parcels in offices throughout the land, or could just as easily be wrapped up in sparkly paper for a young woman you know to find under her Christmas tree.
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway here on and I am happy I did. I'm not going to lie I gave up on workbooks and interactive journals a long time ago, but I'll admit, this one was fun. A bit inspirational and fun. There were activities I enjoyed doing and activities I did skip over but I pulled this out every time I was bored at work or in the car. It's pretty good considering I haven't had an interactive book similar to this since I was 13. I think anyone should go get a copy no matter who you are, except children cause they don't need this in their life right now. it's worth it.
Sophia Amoruso Is Happy Girlboss Was Cancelled
Http://www.jerasjamboree.co.uk/2017/1... I love workbooks like this. It's fun and interactive with more than one use! The Girlboss Workbook is quirky, giving tips and guidance in a no-nonsense but fun way. The graphics are fresh and 'pop' on every page. You can doodle and colour in too making the workbook a resource for taking you away from the 'busyness' of life into a mindfulness state of mind. Ponder the prompts from Sophia Amoruso while you get those pens/pencils out. You'll think about the role models in your life, ponder tips and prompts on preparation for an interview, think about the type of co-worker you are, what to do (and not to do!) if you get fired plus life skills such as debt/budgeting as well as get you thinking about your personal life and your hopes and dreams. It's always painful examining your own fears and failures isn't it ... but Sophia's attitude will get you look at things differently and bring acceptance. There's just so much packed into these pages. Girls and young women will love it!
When this fell on my door mat yesterday I thought it looked really fun. I hadn't read Girl Boss but I didn't think that mattered, after reading this I know that I am right. This book is one of advise on getting a job and such things, there are also motivational pages and it is inspirational. It is great that it is interactive and you can document your thoughts and feelings throughout. There seems to be more information to begin with and it becomes more of a motivation journey you fill in towards the end. It was a very quick read, but it is one of those books that you will go back to and pick up time and time again, flicking to the part that is relevant to you for that particular day. This is a book that would be useful even if you are not the 'boss' or have your own business. You can still take elements from the interactive part of the book. You can also link it to your own life, for instance there is a part of debt and how to ensure you get out of it, this could apply to you even if you don't have a business. I would like
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Workbook Review"