Serial entrepreneur, former Nasty Gal CEO and GirlBoss founder Sophia Amoruso is expanding her empire with the launch of a new LinkedIn-esque platform, designed specifically for women, to encourage networking and connecting with likeminded women in various industries.
Years ago when Amoruso launched her own business, she didn't have any mentors to help guide her through the process, which is why she designed the free social networking platform to connect users to real-time mentors. Similar to

Your personal profile is a new take on the tired resume, a mix between your Instagram and LinkedIn that not only details your work experience and accomplishment, but your personality as well by adding your astrological signs and Myers-Brigg personality assessment so other users can get to know the
Girl Boss, Female Founder Or Simply Tomorrow's Entrepreneur?
We are expected to be who we are Monday through Friday on LinkedIn and who we are on Saturday and Sunday on Instagram; that's not really how the world works anymore, Amoruso told
. We're now trading on our personalities, who we are as a people, and our taste level — it's so much more than the antiquated resume.
Facilitate new connections, spark conversations, facilitate mentorship, and allow members to find others in their industry, local community, and find those they know. But there's a minor catch—users are only given
Girl Boss Author Sophia Amoruso Steps Down As Ceo Of Nasty Gal
Connection request per day, so if you're looking to strike up a conversation with Elaine Welteroth or Jen Atkin, you can send the request and the recipient will have one day to respond before the request expires. If accepted, your connection will then be added to your contact list where you can directly message them at any time.
Nerisha is the beauty commerce editor at , covering all things beauty (and fashion and music). She has a penchant for sneakers and nude lip glosses, and spends way too much time re-watching 90s sitcoms.
The Biggest Reveals From Stephanie Grisham's Book Megan Fox Posed in a Soaking Wet White Minidress Gigi Shares New Pics of Khai in the Summer Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Had Two First Kisses
Girlboss Founder & C.e.o. Sophia Amoruso's Next Chapter
Blackpink's Jennie and BTS' V Rumored Relationship Ciara and Russell Wilson's Relationship Timeline Euphoria's Angus Cloud Has Died at 25 Eva Longoria and José Bastón's Timeline
All About SZA's Dating History So Far Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad Falchuk's Timeline Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian's Timeline Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse's HistoryWhen a 22-year-old Sophia Amoruso started selling vintage clothes on eBay, she never imagined it would turn into a multi-million-dollar company or that she would eventually tell her story in a bestselling memoir, #GIRLBOSS, or that her life would be made into a scripted Netflix comedy series.
I didn't anticipate my eBay store becoming my career. ... And then it kept growing, and my auctions became more and more and more in demand, and eventually my average order value was $150 on something I probably spent no more than $20 to acquire, ” Amoruso, CEO and Founder of Girlboss, told ABC News’ Rebecca Jarvis for a special No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis podcast crossover episode with her own Girlboss Radio.
What Comes After Scandal And Scathing Reviews? Sophia Amoruso Is Findi
It was 2006, and her eBay store was called Nasty Gal Vintage, named after an album by the funk singer Betty Davis. Amoruso would spend hours picking through thrift stores, negotiating prices, photographing, posting and shipping items to buyers. Amoruso recalled an early conquest: nabbing two vintage Chanel jackets for eight dollars apiece, from a Salvation Army, each of which she sold on eBay for more than $1, 000.
A woman from London and a woman from Australia and a woman from New York all duked it out over the course of 10 days for it, and eventually sold for over a thousand dollars, she said.

It wasn’t long before Amoruso outgrew eBay and decided to launch her own e-commerce site, Nasty Gal. She brought her customers with her, and the site became immensely successful.
Pwc Partners With Girlboss To Ignite Future Careers In Technology
It just sold out right away. Whowhatwhere.com covered it, Daily Candy covered it and I didn't have a publicist -- these editors were just customers of mine, and, you know, it blew up from there, Amoruso told Jarvis.
Inside the Girlboss headquarters in Los Angeles, CEO Sophia Amoruso and Rebecca Jarvis record crossover podcast episodes for No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis and Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso
In 2011, only three years into the launch of NastyGal.com, the company boasted an 11, 200% growth rate with revenue of $24 million, according to Inc. Magazine, which named the company as a Fastest Growing Retailer in 2012. Up until this point, the company had no outside funding.
Nasty Gal Founder And '#girlboss' Author Sophia Amoruso Offers Advice For Making It Big
Venture capitalists came knocking when they somehow caught wind of this thing called Nasty Gal, and I didn't need them to invest, Amoruso told Jarvis. We were fine, but they seemed, like, really smart people and I did a lot of research ... and it seemed like a good deal to sell a small percentage of the company for $40 million.
I still owned most of the company, I controlled the board, the risk was pretty low. But what happened after that as a very kind of like fabled long story to to tell.”

With new funding, the company continued to grow initially, opening a distribution center in Kentucky and opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Los Angeles. But things started to go downhill when the company couldn't keep up with rapid expansion. Amoruso explained to Jarvis that in a year the company was trying to grow by $100 million in revenue and had hired 100 people, but it still lacked infrastructure.
Girlboss By Sophia Amoruso Buy Online At Best Price
And then we weren't profitable once all of that had happened, and it just became this really challenging environment to navigate to continue funding the business, Amoruso added. And I had this very complicated culture that I hadn't grown intentionally. I didn't know what culture was, I never worked in an office. ... I was very young, and I didn't really know how to hold the company accountable and a lot of things happened, most of which I'll probably never know.
By the beginning of 2015, Amoruso had stepped down as CEO but stayed on as executive chair. By 2016, the company filed for bankruptcy.
There were times where I felt like a lamb led to slaughter -- like I can't escape this, I can't quit, I can't be fired, I’m being held accountable for things I don't understand, I didn't intend but now I'm being criticized, she said. You know, it's like, what you do intentionally is as important as what happens unintentionally, and sometimes you don't really know what the effect of those things are going to be and you learn through experience.
Girlboss: A Millennial Alternative To Lean In
The fabled story came to a close in February of 2017 when the British-owned BooHoo group announced it would be purchasing Nasty Gal, explaining in a press release a core team of original employees will be based out of L.A., to ensure the DNA of the brand is retained.
The last two, almost three, years of my career I felt completely trapped in and unable to make change, positive change within, Amoruso said. The company had been through many a P.R. crisis, layoffs, reports of toxic culture, all the things that like I never could have anticipated. I was taking advice from H.R. experts and employment attorneys and all these people who said look this is what you should be doing. And, in retrospect, there is a lot of things that I wouldn't have done the same. But I was held accountable regardless. By the time we filed [for bankruptcy] I was ready to build Girlboss.

Amoruso coined the term Girlboss after publishing her 2014 bestselling memoir of the same name. Part memoir, part business book, it details her life from a Dumpster-diving teen who dropped out of school to becoming the founder and head of a $250 million business. It was an explosive success, spending 18 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and selling more than 600, 000 copies worldwide.
Girlboss Founder On 'failing Forward': 'if You're Having A Hard Time, Congratulations!'
Shortly after the book was published, Amoruso launched The Girlboss Foundation, which awards grants to female entrepreneurs. And next she debuted her podcast, Girlboss Radio, where she interviews boundary-pushing women who've made their mark.
In 2016, Amoruso turned her focus to building out the Girlboss brand by raising $3.1 million. She says that the book started a conversation about female leadership that she needed to carry onward. The hashtag girlboss has been used over 10 million times and the company has recently started The Girlboss Rally, which are conferences that bring together hundreds of female entrepreneurs and activists.
The conversation has been growing, she said, and it feels amazing to start over and not be burdened by the legacy of the decisions that I didn't even make.
Sophia Amoruso: Nasty Gal And Girlboss — The Founder Hour
Hear more of Sophia Amoruso on No Limits With Rebecca Jarvis, available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Spotify, TuneIn and the ABC News app.Sophia Amoruso’s best-selling autobiography, #GIRLBOSS was adapted into a television series by ... [+] Netflix, and Amoruso launched the GIRLBOSS Foundation to inspire women to take their career into their own hands (Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Founder"