Girlboss Jen Gotch Self Help

Girlboss Jen Gotch Self Help

Hi. I’m Jen Gotch and this is my podcast. It’s kinda weird, and original, and funny and honest just like me. Each week I’m gonna get in your ear, tell you about my fears, my pain, my triumphs and hopefully in the process help you become more self aware, build your own emotional intelligence and more than anything else FEEL LESS ALONE. Please subscribe and leave a nice review with all the stars; my parents are checking them every day and I really don’t want to let them down.

Thank you As a Hispanic woman, I want to say thank you for sharing your open heart, your resilient spirit and your mission to making this world brighter and better. The world is a little messy , has been for awhile but is currently publicly divided. It has made me sad to see people who have made such a positive impact to be poorly affected. But when I listened to your talk on resilience it made me have hope , knowing that you will come out on top and I am so excited to see your next great accomplishment ! Life is all about growing and going uphill , and you most certainly are leading the way. Thank you.

Jen

Love it!!! I love how transparent Jen is with her life. I have depression and she has helped me to be able to separate myself from my mental illness. It’s so refreshing to know that I’m not alone; and my lack of emotion isn’t a character defect, it’s an illness. I have started treating it as such, and it has made all the difference. Thanks Jen!!!

Girlboss Radio: Job Hunting: How To Get Through 70+ Interviews With Andrea Dalzell On Apple Podcasts

Dear Alana, Tenderfoot TV & iHeart Just B with Bethenny Frankel iHeart Date My Abuelita, First! My Cultura and iHeart Stuff You Should Know iHeart This American Life This American Life Shawn Ryan Show Shawn Ryan | Cumulus Podcast Network

The goop Podcast Goop, Inc. and Cadence13 Dear Gabby Dear Media The mindbodygreen Podcast mindbodygreen The Terri Cole Show Terri Cole Lipstick on the Rim Dear Media, Molly Sims The Mel Robbins Podcast Mel Robbins

Girlboss Radio Girlboss Radio Self Service with Jerico Mandybur Girlboss Radio In Progress: An Imperfect Journey with Aurora James Girlboss Radio #LIPSTORIES Girlboss RadioJen Gotch is the founder and chief creative officer of ban.do. During Mental Health Month—and really, all year round—she’s challenging us to think differently about good mental health. In fact, she’s going to be doing just that on a new Radio Network podcast called

Girlboss Radio: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan's Career Has Only Just Begun On Apple Podcasts

. Subscribe here so you don’t miss a thing—and tune in to the teaser NOW to prepare for the first episode dropping May 29.

I was actually listening to self-help way before I was reading it. My mom loved to listen to cassettes of Wayne Dyer when I was in middle school and high school. Obviously, as a teenager, all I really wanted to do was listen to Prince or Madonna instead. But then, in college, after I went through my “read-about-every-serial-killer-known-to-man phase, ” I found myself looking to build self awareness and emotional intelligence (although i didn’t use those words, that’s definitely what I was doing). So, I got deep into self-help.

Since then, nine out of ten times that I pick up a book, it is some sort of self-help—whether it be for business, relationships, creativity, or spirituality, self-help is definitely my genre of choice, especially since I still suffer from PTSD after all of those true crime books.

With Girlboss, Sophia Amoruso Is Using Past Failures To Fuel Her Latest Success

Asked me to share some of the best ones with you, I went over to my bookshelf and started pulling out what I felt were the most influential self-help books I have read. I stopped myself at twenty-two books off the shelf and then narrowed it to ten. These are books about philosophy, enlightenment, creativity, productivity, and optimism. They are like a time capsule for me, as they are essentially a collection of my favorites from college until now. I hope they help you gain insight into yourself and others. Oh, and a few other authors I love are Gary Zukav, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer (yes, the cassettes-in-the-car guy), Malcolm Gladwell, and Seth Godin.

Jen

Ok, this is a very old book. Not like 70s old—more like 4th century BC old. It’s Chinese philosophy. I swear I did not put this book on the list to impress you. I went through a big Chinese philosophy phase after college in order to “find myself.”  Spoiler alert, I’m still looking! Taoism is thought to be a precursor to Buddhism, so expect similar philosophies in there.

Published in the late 70s, found by me in—you guessed it—the 90’s! This was my first foray into creative visualization, and really the book that planted the seed in my mind that thoughts are energy and we can use that energy to our advantage or disadvantage.

Self Help Books That Might Just Make You Feel Smarter

Ruiz is a leading member of the New Thought movement, which is worth Googling. This book encouraged me to adopt my “I DID MY BEST” philosophy. This passage encapsulates it: “Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret…”

Ok, this one is from the 50s so some of the ideas and references are quite archaic. That said, it’s essentially about how to achieve optimism through positive affirmations and visualizations. If you are a pessimist who is longing for a better life, this is a good place to start.

Jen

This is essentially a time management book that helped me a lot when ban.do started to grow, like when i actually began being held accountable to getting work done every day. It’s a little intense, but there are nuggets in here that have stuck with me for years.

Girlboss Radio: Kate Mcleod Thinks

Another great book from the 90s that has guided me on my path to enlightenment. That sounds so new-agey, and it is, but the ability to practice mindfulness, or to live in the now, is a powerful tool to have in your emotional and physical toolbox.

Ok, apparently I’m obsessed with 90s self-help books. I’m not going to say that this book saved my marriage, because it didn’t, but it did help me understand why some relationships work and others don’t. It explains the five ways that most people express and experience love and it works for all relationships, not just the ones involving sex.

Books, which were a very big deal in the 90s. This book is about how you can use the law of attraction to get the life you want and become the person you want to be. It is very empowering to learn that a lot of the secrets of success lie within us and are not something we have to wait for someone else to present to us. I have used these principles throughout my life and career and they have never let me down.

Girlboss

Girlboss Radio: How To Create A Vision For Your Business With Sincerely Tommy's Kai Avent Deleon On Apple Podcasts

After years of stalking Todd via his Accidental Creative podcast and reading all of his books, I am now happy to call him a friend. He is so smart and gives thoughtful, useful advice about having to create on demand. If you are a creative professional or even work with creative professionals, this would be a great book for you.

Brené Brown is pretty epic. She’s written lots of great books and I think there’s even an online class you can take with her, but I also might have made that up. [Editor’s note: she didn’t make that up—this is the course.] What I know for sure is that this book is a revelation about the power of vulnerability—something I already inherently knew, but it was a great reminder. Also, if you don’t feel like reading right now, she’s got a great Ted Talk called, easily enough, “The Power of Vulnerability.”Jen Gotch wants to start a movement. This wasn’t something Jen set out to do but has truly become her new calling. It’s in recent years that she’s become an ambassador for mental health and transparency. Jen has opened up about her struggles with depression, bipolar disorder and vulnerabilities in all areas of life. It’s refreshing in a world of perfect highlight reels. She even launched a podcast with Girlboss Media this year called, “Jen Gotch Is OK … Sometimes.”She talks about things like creative blocks, therapy, medications, all with a hilarious and honest take from her own experiences.

If you don’t know Jen, she’s most well-known as being the Chief Creative Officer of the colorful, quirky and fun brandban.do. I first discovered ban.do in its early years when it was selling beautiful, vintage headpieces. Right from the start, I was enamored with its unique point of view. It was clear that Jen was incredibly talented and knew how to create things that people would clamor for. Glitter Guide featuredher old officein 2011 when ban.do was still a very intimate team.

Powerful Words Of Wisdom, Courtesy Of The Girlboss Rally La Speakers

What’s always drawn me to Jen was that she’s an open book. She’s not trying to hide the fact that she struggles. She shares her creative process, and she is

Self

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Jen Gotch Self Help"