In an era of alternative facts, Girlboss.com editorial director and Moon Club member Jerico Mandybur is committed to making real news, and giving every voice an equal platform to be heard. Just like the righteous “witchy bitch” she is …
Women and femmes have so much knowledge, centuries of wisdom, and life experiences that have yet to really be accepted widely, let alone embraced. So

I hope to contribute to making that the norm. Rather than the prevailing cultural norm that a straight white male TV presenter is the only arbiter of objective discussion and ‘rational debate, ’ I hope to cultivate spaces for marginalized voices online and make
Episode 144: The Importance Of Embracing Yourself Better During The Tough Days, With Jerico Mandybur — My Daily Business
Consumerism has an amazing way of co-opting countercultural sentiments and protest movements into a system of domination, by using them to sell us more ‘stuff’ and/or distraction.
This is the greatest challenge for new age and spiritual movements too, and I’m not sure it’s one that can be overcome while capitalism is still a thing.
Suffice it to say, the extent of humans’ environmental destruction is becoming more and more apparent. This is one area (of so many) where Indigenous people’s knowledge of— and relationship with—the land is something all of humanity needs to learn from and respect right now.
Daily Oracle Book
Also, you can’t call yourself a spiritual person if you turn a blind eye to other’s suffering. That’s not a thing! But I also really believe you have to heal yourself before—or, as—you heal other people.
Moon Club is my way of bringing more structure to my spirituality. It gives me that extra nudge to maintain a deep relationship with the Moon. I really enjoy feeling part of a sisterhood of witchy bitches, who have each other’s backs, even if they live on opposite sides of the planet.
Jerico Mandybur is a Sydney-born, LA-based writer, and the editorial director of girlboss.com. She’s previously been an editor for sites like Mashable, MTV and Oyster Magazine. She’s a passionate tarot reader and astrology student who takes inspiration from her Egyptian heritage and queer feminist identity, and a trauma survivor who sees nature worship and spirituality as a key to healing, separate from the confines of western pathology.Jerico Mandybur is a super talented woman, and she’s nice about it. She’s the kind of gal you wanna be, and be friends with. Full disclosure: she used to be the Edtior over here at
Self Service With Jerico Mandybur On Apple Podcasts
With Jerico’s new gig over at Girlboss, she’s been able to pull together the resources and confidence to host her own podcast. If you’ve got any interest in self-care, mental health and tarot (hello my bio!), you’ve got to tune into
. Every Sunday morning she hosts the show brings in awesome guests that promote everything from drinking enough water each day to dealing with dark thoughts.
“My wish is for it to be an accessible and inclusive ‘way in’ to learning about self-care, healing and spirituality.” Jerico tells us. “I am so grateful for the powerful platform … I don’t take it lightly at all, especially as a queer, half-Egyptian weirdo from Australia.” And, we’re sold!

Daily Oracle Buch Von Jerico Mandybur Versandkostenfrei Bei Weltbild.de
It was! I wanted it to be fun and funny. A lot of wellness-type content out there is unintentionally hammy and I love that, so I thought I should do a Sheryl Sandberg and ~lean in~.
I never thought I’d hear someone tell me to service my heart as well as encourage me to talk shit. You’ve really found a niche in ~relatable~ self-help…
Thank you! I was having a hard time explaining what I wanted it to be until I told my friend “it’s shit talking about self-care and new age stuff, without trying to justify it” and she got it.
The Return Of Girlboss Radio With Guest Roxane Gay By Girlboss Radio
How far have you been into self-help stuff before? What kinds of media and methods were you using to discover mental self-care?
Yes, so much! I didn’t really talk about it ever, because it wasn’t cool to be a witch for a while there, post-Fiona Horne era. I had books like

Stashed under my bed while Dostoyevsky et al. was on my bookshelf. The shame. I played with tarot cards when I was a kid at my Dad’s girlfriend’s house too, and had a deck when I was in school but I kept them under my bed because I genuinely thought they might conjure evil. I was lucky to be familiar with meditation and tai chi from a young age, so that’s always been an interest too. But the biggest thing was probably just writing and visualising — setting intentions and doing little DIY rituals that made me feel like I could work through things in a way that was less judge-y than a psych.
Subject 29: Inside Girlboss Rally — Vibrate Higher Daily
So, I promise to stop saying “self-help” now, because it feels weird for some reason. Let’s move on to the tarot quarter of your podcast. How long have you been into it?
In a serious studying/reading for people way, only a couple of years. I had a teacher in Sydney who was taught by an occultist mathematician in Kings Cross in the late 60s! And I studied over Skype with another teacher after that, who I love. I’ve tried to read for as many people as possible in that time. Some people have been total ‘believers’ and other people just think it’s fun (or they’re humouring me, which is nice). I had ‘DM for tarot readings’ in my Instagram bio, but that started getting out of hand and I had to do some self-care re: boundaries.
I remember subscribing to one of those expensive newsagent products where you collect a few pages and cards and rocks every fortnight. I never committed to purchasing until the end but I really wish I did. Was understanding it difficult for you, or did you pick it up right away?
On The Mend (podcast)
I always wanted to do a subscription thing! It’s not that hard once you figure out a few basic structural things and trust your gut. Like, there are 78 cards — 22 Major Arcana cards and the rest are minors. Minors are just like playing cards; there’s four suits (Swords, Wands, Pentacles and Cups) numbered Ace to 10, plus a King, Queen, Knight and Page. Each suit has an associated element/meaning, and same with each number and court card. So yeah, it’s a lot to remember but there’s room for personal intuition/interpretation and an underlying system. It’s not totally rando.

Okey dokey. I got the 2 of Pentacles. Pentacles are lil’ coins that represent earthly stuff like money, work, sex, housing—any real life resources, rather than intangible things, like emotions or spirit. This card to me, is about balance, priorities, patience and flexibility. It’s the card of the multi-tasker and says juggling a bunch of different things at once is possible if you stay agile and put your energy in the right places. Don’t let bullshit distract you, and focus on the smaller things, which lead to bigger results. Like, it’s not realistic to dream of being an overnight success, for example—you have to put the time and energy in first, so you know what you really want to go after.
Back to the podcast — I think it’s very brave and cool of you to introduce yourself as someone who has dealt with trauma, mental health issues and low self worth. What are some things you’ve learned that have helped you deal?
Neo Tarot Jerico Mandybur
Thank you! Honestly, I have learned a lot and also nothing. Like, the guests on the show are so knowledgable about self-care, and I get cool ideas from them on practices to try. The people who listen are teaching me a lot too! About vulnerability and support systems. But in other ways, I’m still doing the same shit everyday I know is bad for me, like staying up way too late and not eating fruit and veg enough lol. I think that just speaks to the fact that self-care isn’t a one-time promise you make yourself and BAM you’re healed. You have to keep it going constantly and just do your best day by day.
You also revealed that when you first started your job at Girlboss you developed blood poisoning. The same thing happened to me when I took on a bigger role at Oyster (and accidentally said yes to too many freelance jobs). Why do you think we (would it be wrong to say women?) often forget about our physical selves when we’re giving ourselves to other things?
Ugh, the patriarchy. And I’m sorry this happened to you too! I think women and feminised people are taught from a young age that their value is in giving, giving, giving, so the emotional labour that we often pour into stuff is often symptomatic of a need for validation from the ‘receivers’ around us. Or maybe even just an expectation that others think like us, and will do the same? But obviously not everyone is so ‘selfless.’ And selflessness is not always a virtue either, especially when it’s misplaced.
![]()
Jerico Mandybur Debuts 'neo Tarot': A Tarot Card Deck For Self Care
I have a bath every single night, despite having a very shallow, uncomfortable bath (I am tall). I also try to meditate on a tarot card daily,
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Jerico Mandybur"