By Campaign Corporate Social Responsibility Campaign Diverse-Owned Businesses Campaign NEW! Fundraising Campaign Global Campaign Integrated Campaign Local Campaign Multi-Platform Campaign On a Shoestring Campaign Pro Bono Campaign Regional Campaign NEW! Social Movement Campaign
By Cause Animal Rights & Welfare Arts & Culture Conservation & Preservation Disability Awareness Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Educate Emergency Relief Environment & Sustainability Fight Poverty Gender Equality Human Rights Humanitarian Aid Immigration & Refugees LGBTQ+ Mental Health Multi-Cause Initiative NEW! Public Health Racial Equality Responsible Consumption & Production Social Justice Youth & Family
![]()
By Industry Automotive Business to Business Education Entertainment Fashion and Beauty Financial Services Food & Beverage Government & Politics Healthcare & Pharma Hospitality & Travel Lifestyle & Wellness News & Media Nonprofit Restaurants Retail & E-Commerce Sports Technology
Sophia Amoruso's '#girlboss,' And More
Original Content Branded Content Branded Series Documentary Short Extended Reality NEW! Gaming NEW! Images NEW! Interactive Content NEW! Live Streaming Long Form Video Micro-site or Blog NEW! Podcast Short Form Video Video Video Series
Strategy & Engagement Call to Action Community Engagement Contest or Challenges Creative Use of Technology CTV/OTT NEW! Data & Insights NEW! Employee Engagement Event & Experiential NEW! Fundraising Strategy Generative AI NEW! Micro-Influencer Strategy Paid Media PSA Real Time Response Single Post Social Commerce NEW! Storytelling User Generated Content
Girlboss Radio is a weekly podcast that launched in 2015 by New York Times Bestselling Author and serial entrepreneur Sophia Amoruso. Now an integral part of the Girlboss platform, the podcast aims to elevate Girlboss' mission of providing tools for women to redefine success on their own terms, grow the Girlboss community, and gain larger recognition of the Girlboss platform as a whole.
Girl, Boss Up & Lead Podcast
On each episode of Girlboss Radio, host Sophia Amoruso interviews boundary-pushing women who have made their mark in creative, cultural, and business ventures. Her high-caliber guests in season two of the podcast include Sarah Jessica Parker, Gwyneth Paltrow, Lilly Singh, Rupi Kaur, Garance Doré, Whitney Cummings, Janet Mock, and more. These women come from a wide variety of industries, and the conversations cover a range of topics, providing the Girlboss community with exposure to many different versions of success stories as they listen and learn from the best in many different professional fields.
Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso is a podcast that engages their audience through insightful, candid and timely conversations about success, failure, and personal growth. Eschewing polite conversation, Sophia gets vulnerable and honest with guests in each episode, and extracts accessible advice from the lessons they've learned along the way. In each interview, Sophia wraps the conversation by asking two signature questions for the Girlboss community - how do you define success? and what is a memorable Girlboss moment?
Through listening to each new episode of Girlboss Radio (via iTunes or on Girlboss.com), the Girlboss audience is able to take away lessons and information from the conversations Sophia has with her guests - serving as a valuable resource for their platform that caters to female entrepreneurs. The content of each episode is also shared across the Girlboss social media channels to make it accessible to a wider audience. Sophia will also frequently post to her own social channels ahead of interviewing a new guest to have the Girlboss community weigh in on what questions she should ask.
Girlboss Radio On Apple Podcasts
Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso is one of the most popular podcasts for women, currently holding a 4.5 star rating on iTunes, and ~500, 000 monthly downloads. The podcast successfully caters to the female entrepreneur audience - with over 50% of their audience identifying as entrepreneurs.
The podcast is one of the original pieces of content that now falls under the Girlboss umbrella, and paved the way for the rest of the Girlboss platform that now includes an editorial website - Girlboss.com; two top-performing podcasts - Girlboss Radio and Self Service; biannual live events - Girlboss Rallies; The Girlboss Foundation; and content across all social platforms @Girlboss.
The podcast is very-well received from both the Girlboss community and media alike. Essence has listed Girlboss Radio as an empowering podcast that every woman should be listening to, CNBC named it a podcast that will make you smarter, and Elle UK recognized it as a podcast that will boost your career. On its iTunes review page, one listener wrote that it's always nice to feel like you have a seat at the table with smart, successful people.

Nadya Okamoto's Thoughts On Periods Are Pretty Radical—but They Shouldn't Be
Girlboss Radio has received press coverage in hundreds of national entertainment, tech and business media outlets, including: The TODAY Show, Entertainment Tonight, E! News, The Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair, USA Today, Refinery29, AOL, Marie Claire, Fox News, Extra TV, Elle, Vox, CBS News, Us Weekly, InStyle, Access Hollywood, People Magazine, and many more.After reading the headline, you’re probably thinking, wait a minute, where’s Sophia Amoruso? We’ll be unpacking that, and a whole lot more, in this episode of Radio, where Sophia will be passing the torch to….Puno!
Puno is a proud lifestyle business owner and the founder of ilovecreatives, edu-tainer extraordinaire through her successful courses, and the new host of Radio!
Puno has been a speaker at Rallies, teacher at ’ Startup Studio, and even a model with her Insta-famous cat Muad’dib.
White Feminism: Girl Boss
At the 2019 Rally, Puno spoke about running a lifestyle business, and has been evangelizing the concept ever since. So when it came time for Sophia to pass the torch of Radio, she simply texted Puno and said: “you should host Radio.”
In this episode, Sophia talks about why she stepped down from as CEO, selling it to a holding company, launching her first non-gendered business, and how she

Listen to the episode now on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or read the interview below (which has been edited for length & clarity):
Reviews For The Podcast
Not really. I don’t really look back maybe enough. It wasn’t fun to hand the keys to over in terms who’s operating it. I loved the team that I built at , but I’m also just happy to pass the torch. I’m not really attached to anything, which is weird, but I’m happy for you. I texted you and I was like, you should be the host. I’m so glad it worked out and they didn’t put someone else behind the microphone. That would be weird.
At the beginning of 2020, we had a $10 million partnership on the table, signed by us, and waiting for a counter signature from this massive company. The attorneys had blessed it and it was done. The day they were supposed to sign it COVID-19 hit. And it decimated our revenue. With COVID-19, we couldn’t do events, which is a huge part of the business. That’s part of why I left.
We couldn’t see when things were going to change. I worked for free for several months. We had to lay off the majority of the team and then it’s like, do I want to rebuild my business again? I like to keep moving, and so I’m not precious about what I’m attached to.
The Anti Girlboss Socialist Club
I sold it to someone that I absolutely adore, one of our investors at , a good friend of mine—someone who is building something pretty awesome and was kind of on this upward trajectory with us. I sold it because I just didn’t want to keep raising money and I wanted to partner with a long term financial partner who was going to build the company with us.
![]()
Venture capitalists are kind of hands-off. They invest in high-risk companies. They want you to build the company to 100x the size it is and they’ll invest. And so they own a chunk of your company.
A holding company is like an acquirer. They would buy a company like , and they would buy it from everyone who has stock in it, which would be the Founder, the employees, the investors, and the shareholders. And it would be planted within this company that holds multiple businesses. For example, Urban Outfitters owns Anthropologie, Free People and Urban Outfitters.
Don't Quit Your Daydream With Girlboss Entrepreneur Ariel Lewis
People don’t realize how VC funding can affect a startup business and the direction they want to go. How did it affect your decisions as a founder?
When you don’t have investors, you can do whatever you want. When you do have investors, you have a board. We didn’t have a board that was telling us what to do. But we ended up building a social network, which is really awesome but it’s expensive. It takes a lot of engineers and we did that because VCs want technology. I don’t know if I would have built that, had that not be the thing that I felt like investors wanted. They don’t necessarily want an events business. There are no event businesses that are venture-backed.
With , we were doing a lot of things. You guys are doing less things now which is smart. We were doing events, conferences, retreats, brand partnerships that lived across website content, a newsletter, a podcast, and we built a social network. You really don’t want to fracture your time and your focus like that.

Sophia Amoruso: Girlboss, Nastygal, & Serial Entrepreneur
I’m teaching entrepreneurs how to bootstrap with Business class, which is my online
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Podcast Review"