The 2018 Girlboss Rally took place last weekend (November 17 and 18) at the spacious Knockdown Center located in New York, and it was pretty awesome. An honorable mention in all this before I dig into my spiel about the conference is that I was one of ten recipients (out of hundreds of applicants) for the Girlboss Game Changers Scholarship in partnership with T-Mobile (so shout out T-Mobile!).
Ever since I saw Girlboss announce their first rally, I was dying to attend! Last year was the first year I saw that they were hosting this scholarship, giving women whom are game changers the opportunity to attend (at no cost - for being a bada**) and I eagerly applied. And was SO bummed when I didn’t receive it. Fast forward one year, and here I am, a Girlboss Game Changer recipient! Of course I was ecstatic when I received the email and am so grateful to have been able to experience the rally this way.

For the first time, the Girlboss Rally was not one but TWO days of panel discussions, “fireside chats”, shopping, and more. Featured speakers included girlbosses like (but not limited to): Amani Al-Khatathbeh, Ariel Wengroff, Brooklyn Decker, Piera Gelardi, Arianna Huffington, and Rea Ann Silva. I personally was most excited for Hannah Bronfman, Cyndi Ramirez, Elaine Welteroth, and
From Ruiru To Spearheading Ksh2.6 Trillion Us Company
As I do most of (if not all) the time, I attended this rally alone. (Click here if you’d like to read some ways to make the most out of attending a conference alone!).
I, personally, really enjoy attending conferences alone because it really encourages (and pretty much forces) you to connect with and meet other attendees. Especially if the organizer(s) do a good job at making it feel like a safe space to do so, which Girlboss successfully did (IMO) with things like mini-meetups and speakers directly saying “introduce yourself to the person next to you!” - which sometimes is necessary for some to get out of their shell.
Aside from meeting new people, you also have the freedom of exploring whatever and however you want at conferences when you’re alone without worrying about what the other person wants to do. At the Rally, I would go get some snacks or some coffee as I pleased (which I loved was at our disposal all weekend, all day) - there was also seemingly a plethora of Smartwater water bottles for us, too! I would sometimes leave a panel discussion a little early to go roam the shopping bazaar and meet all the vendors there (which were all women owned brands). Shout out ThirdLove for the free bra! And I also (last minute) signed up for things like a tarot reading and the entrepreneur meetup.
Girlboss Foundation Money Grants 2023
The venue was pretty cool. And I really like the design aesthetic that Girlboss went with for 2018. Simple, chic, and loved the color scheme of soft pinks, sunflower yellows, and navy blue.
There were four different rooms dedicated to panel discussions, one being the main room in the center of it all, which was titled the “BallerRoom.” The others were “Hustle Hall, ” “Startup Studio, ” and “Wealth & Wellness.” I dig the names.
Personally, from a event producer standpoint, I feel their production staff did a great job at managing the sound in each room, making sure they didn’t leak into each other (as all the rooms essentially weren’t closed off with walls). There was a hiccup during Arianna Huffington’s talk, but it really was no biggie.
Cc100 2022 Rising Stars
Some random things that I appreciated from the Girlboss Rally are: the non-gender specific restrooms, quick turnaround in receiving our headshots (see below), the amount of times stats were mentioned throughout the weekend (#RethinkTheRatio), amount of panels that were focused on business finances, non-moderated meetup sessions, the curated book store (there was an awesome selection, would’ve bought them all if I could’ve), Uber discount was LEGIT and RAD, and the “mother’s room.” I loved seeing mommas there with their strollers and babies, the Rally was accessible for mothers and that’s super important (especially for women focused events). And on that note, it was also awesome seeing women of all ages there! I love seeing people invest in themselves and learning at any/every age.

In comparison to other conferences I’ve attended, I would have to say the Girlboss Rally probably had the best curation of panel discussion topics. I, again, really just appreciated how much they talked about finances. It’s SO important to talk about! And there was a really great opening speaker named Sallie Krawcheck on Saturday, whom I wish was scheduled for a full hour instead of thirty minutes because her real talk on finances was incredible.
All that being said, I would definitely recommend you attend this conference if it peaks your interest - especially if you are a fan of the Girlboss brand. And
Cultivating A Beloved Community Mindset To Transform Unjust Systems
Previous Previous A Week-Long Date Between Myself And New York City Next Next Transitioning From The Tech To Creative World With Enkrypt Los AngelesThe Girlboss Rally is described as part-conference, part-experiential wonderland. The event is hosted by Girlboss — a digital hub focusing on providing millennial women with the tools they need to be successful. This sentiment extends to include both professional and personal environments and the platform does this through facilitating empowering communities, as well as building opportunities and connections.
The Girlboss Rally profiles a plethora of influential and experienced speakers, some of which include Paris Hilton and Aurora James -- founder of Brother Vellies. The event also welcomes an extensive variety of workshops, led by boundary-pushing women who define success on their own terms.
![]()
1. Empowering Female-centric Conferences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop conferences that provide empowering experiences for women, combining networking opportunities with knowledge sharing and skill-building.
Top 30 Conferences For Women In 2020
1. Event Planning and Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create event planning and management services dedicated to organizing female-centric conferences that focus on empowering women in both professional and personal environments.
2. Digital Hub and Knowledge Sharing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a digital platform that serves as a hub for millennial women, providing them with tools, resources, and communities for personal and professional growth.
3. Women's Fashion and Lifestyle - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch a fashion and lifestyle brand that supports and showcases boundary-pushing women and their definitions of success, connecting them with a wider audience.

Iwd: Hey, What's Up With Women?
Pro Services Custom Services Keynotes & Workshops Trend Reports Custom Dashboards Innovation Conference Free Resources Innovation Videos & Books Innovation Assessment Weekly Trend Report NEW: 2024 Trend Report
Women-Centric Donating Initiatives Rael and Happy Period Offer Support for Homeless Women Expanding Women-Only Social Clubs The Wing's Women's Social Club Will Be Opening in Toronto Empowering Black Female-Centric Platforms BLACKHER's Empowering Platform Advocates for Diversity play_circle_filled Female-Centric U.S. Currency Rosie Gumataotao Rios' Project Pays Tribute to Leading American Women Top 100 Activism Trends in 2019 From Next-Gen Leader Think Tanks to Arty Climate Change Posters Top 95 Pop Culture Trends in November From Boy Band Beer Labels to Social Media Channel Cook BooksHave you ever had to read an email 10 times before you fully grasped what it meant? That’s what happened to me when I found out that I was being sent to Los Angeles with an all-access pass to the Rally to be the social correspondent for T-Mobile.
Though I knew of Sophia from social media and watching her Netflix series last year, when I found out I was going to the event I fell down a podcast rabbit hole and read every page on the Rally website. It became a matter of patiently (or maybe not so patiently) waiting for the schedule to post. When it went up, I couldn’t wait to see Lizzie Velasquez speak. I’ve followed her story for years and been inspired by her ability to not allow the hate aimed towards her to defeat her and instead to use it for good.
The Girlboss Foundation Grants For Black Women [how To Apply]
When the rally weekend finally arrived, I flew in from Chicago and headed to the venue to explore. As I moved between the Ballerroom, Hustle Hall and the Startup Studio, I loved how each setup and room was unique. Everything from the lighting to the quotes on the wall—“Every day is the beginning of your career” was my favorite—was on point and Instagram-ready. And, let me tell you, having the staff pass was definitely a bonus. I was able to be front and center at all the sessions and that allowed me to capture some great pictures and videos.

“Everything from the lighting to the quotes on the wall—“Every day is the beginning of your career” was my favorite—was on point and Instagram-ready.”
If I had to choose, I’d say Hustle Hall was my favorite. It was intimate and I was very relaxed while in there. That could have been because I arrived during the meditation and sound bath. I, like many women, tend to get consumed by work and it feels like I’m constantly going. Sometimes I don’t realize that I need to take time for myself. I really connected with the speakers in Hustle Hall who spoke about taking time to recharge and
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Rally Scholarship"