Girlboss Scholarship

Girlboss Scholarship

Hundreds of applications came in to attend the next Rally in NYC, all telling incredible stories of perseverance and ambition. Check out the recipients who’ll be joining us next month.

Ahead of the  Rally going down in New York City on November 11, we recently opened up applications for the  Rally Game-Changer Scholarship. Scholarships are awarded on a basis of financial need, as well as how much value we believed entrants would get out of this experience.

Meet

It seems almost needless to say at this point, but we’ll say it anyway: Y’all are incredible. We received applications filled with remarkable stories of overcoming hardship, coupled with big plans to join us in carving out our own definitions of “success.”

Business Class By Sophia Amoruso || Home

Below, meet our first class of Rally Game-Changers who’ll be rubbing elbows with their fellow game-changers and soaking up the inspirational vibes at NYC’s rally.

Their passions and plans span science and health, mental illness and recovery activism, entrepreneurship, media, community organizing, fashion, and much more. The future looks bright.

Oh, and ICYMI: We just introduced a special 2-for-1 ticket deal   that gets you $200 off. There’s a limited number of these available, so grab a friend quick-like and join these incredible ladies (and so many others) at the second-ever Rally.

The 12 Secrets Of Highly Successful Women: A Portable Life Coach For Creative Women (entrepreneurs, Women In Business, For Fans Of Girl Stop Apologizing Or Girlboss): Mcmeekin, Gail: 9781573244930: Amazon.com: Books

Big dream of career domination: To be one of the few Iranian-American women who write and produce important journalistic work for a major news outlet, covering stories that matter and shining a light on those left in the darkness.

Big dream of career domination: To be the biggest creative female entrepreneur of my generation, and to turn my business babies into multi-million dollar companies (FRIDAY BY FRIDAY + Fashion With Friday) while giving back through my community service collective,  Friends Who Volunteer.

Who and what you are most excited to see and do at the Rally: I’m excited to meet like-minded girls that I can share good and bad entrepreneur stories with. Meeting Lady Sophia,  Elaine Welteroth, and more. Having images and stories to show-and-tell to the 25 young girls of my Fashion With Friday program, and to inspire them to one day become es. Also, picking a cute FBF look to wear!

Scholarships For Women

Quote to live by: “I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way, and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” — Shonda Rhimes in 

Big dream of career domination: I dream of being a compassionate yet intentional and fearless leader who uses my voice to fight for justice and equality, encourage positive change, and inspire other women to do the same.

Who you’re most excited to see at the Rally: I can’t wait to be surrounded by a group of other badass women who have similar hopes, dreams, aspirations, goals and values as mine in order to network, seek wisdom and gain motivation.

GirlBoss

Ministry For Pacific Peoples — Girlboss Proves There Always A Reason For Hope

Who and what you’re most excited to see and do at the Rally: To inspire women to get involved with issues that affect them. I am most excited to see Sophia Amoruso and Lizzie Velasquez.

Big dream of career domination: Besides publishing a book of essays and poems discussing my struggles with bipolar disorder, I intend to create a national peer support group where people who would otherwise be secretive about their mental health struggles can find community.

What you’re most excited to do at the Rally: I’m most excited for the panels of amazing speakers and the opportunity to meet passionate women who, like me, are working tirelessly to blaze their own trails.

Resume — Amanda Stclair

Big dream of career domination: To reach my full potential as a multi-media journalist, bringing untold stories to the light, and empowering women starting various non-profits.

What you’re most excited to do at the Rally: I thrive best in environments with like-minded individuals who are innovative go getters. So I’m excited for the inspiration and to collaborate with other women in an environment that will breed success. I’m excited be in a room with women who are going to change the world.

The

Big dream of career domination: I’m currently a junior at Butler University with a double major in Arts Administration and International Studies. Someday, I hope to work at an arts organization where I can foster creativity, facilitate self-expression, and spark healthy dialogue about social change and empathy in my community (wherever that happens to be).

Embracing Your Inner Girlboss

What you’re most excited to do at the Rally: I’m excited to travel to New York City and surround myself with strong, passionate women. I can not wait to hear successful female entrepreneurs—especially Sophia Amoruso—speak about their personal journeys so that I can reflect on and implement the lessons I learn. I look forward to networking with fellow attendees, and critically thinking about what success means to me.

Quote to live by: I believe passion is the key to success, because enthusiasm stems from passion—let your passion drive you to take risks, aim big, fail, and then try again.

Big dream of career domination: I want to devote myself to a career in public service and truly becoming a stakeholder in my community. Somewhere in that process, I hope to be a part of the President’s cabinet.

Girlboss, Interrupted: #016

Who you’re most excited to see at the Rally: I am most excited about Alyssa Mastromanco, because I am interested in getting some insight on her experiences, interactions, and challenges working o utside of government and in private entities.Not all businesses are successful right from the start. Sometimes a young businesswoman needs a little bit of help to realize her full potential. The Girlboss Foundation exists for this very reason: to enrich the future of businesswomen across the country by giving them the tools they need to get their companies off the ground. From its founding to the present, the foundation has sparked the careers of dozens of women and will continue to do so every year that goes by.

GirlBoss

The History Behind It In 2006, Sophia Amoruso was a 22-year-old hoping to make a few extra bucks by selling vintage clothing on her eBay store. This store, named Nasty Gal Vintage, quickly took off as growing demand for vintage apparel increased her earnings from a few dollars per item to over a thousand in some instances. When this online store grew into its own $250 million business, it faced ups and downs Amoruso couldn’t have foreseen. Although Amoruso stepped down as CEO of Nasty Gal Vintage in 2015 and the company officially filed for bankruptcy in 2016, Amoruso’s business career was far from over. In the midst of these setbacks, she released her book, Girlboss, in 2014. This best-selling memoir inspired young women entrepreneurs around the country and led to the founding of the Girlboss Foundation.

What It Is Amoruso established the Girlboss Foundation in 2014 with the intent of awarding grants to the next generation of women entrepreneurs. In the process, the foundation has taken on the mission of helping women around the country redefine the meaning of success. By offering the tools and connections needed to begin a business career, Girlboss gives aspiring women entrepreneurs the means to make their dreams come true. Girlboss awards grants biannually to creative individuals who are in the beginning phases of kicking off a business. Each grant includes $15, 000 in project funding along with career-building tools and networking opportunities. Since Girlboss Foundation’s opening, it has awarded over $130, 000 in grants to women hoping to reshape the future through their companies.

Teen Supporting Wellington's International Student Community Wins Girlboss Award

Who Can Apply for Funding The grants offered by the Girlboss foundation are exclusive to women business owners in the design, music, fashion, music, and arts fields. For a person to be eligible for the grants, they must identify as female, be able to show United States residency, and be 18 years or older by the end of the submission period. The ideal candidate for these grants should demonstrate creativity and innovation in their field and show that they have a thorough plan for their business.

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Scholarship"