Sexy, mentally-ill, gay! That quirky combination of words describes none other than Florida State's self-proclaimed girlboss, @fsugirlboss on Instagram.The account, a satirical page not affiliated with the university that hopes to inspireBoss Babes at Florida State, started in April 2021mid-pandemic after a University of Florida girlboss page popped up.
I saw that they [@ufgirlboss] were co-opting girlboss language in an attempt to satirize its absurdness, and I wanted to bring that messaging to FSU, said @fsugirlboss. FSU has seen unironic exclusionary ‘girlboss’ feminism on our campus and I thought it would be fun to satirically disparage this with queer students and students who aren’t represented in the politics of these movements.

I noticed a shift in engagement back in May, after I made a crowdsourced post called “men to avoid at FSU” — the post included serious red flags like 'Turning
Girlboss:”empowering Or Insulting?
Point USA Freedom Bus signer/supporter'and less-serious red flags like 'creative writing majors, '” said @fsugirlboss. This was the first time that I posted a meme specifically geared towards students on campus that I wanted to build a community with.
That community was welcoming to @fsugirlboss and the social media persona was happy to be able to provide a safe space for that community to interact without fear of what she referred to a right-wing trolls or hateful messages.
I do occasionally get inappropriate and hateful messages that make me feel unsafe, and these negative interactions have led me to contemplate the continuance
Gaslight Gatekeep Girlboss, Explained
Of the account, said @fsugirlboss. However, these interactions are totally outnumbered by the kind messages I get from folks who find comfort and humor in the account.
Connecting with campus organizations has brought students into the world of local political organizing and campus-wide extracurriculars, @fsugirlboss said.It feels really good to lift up the work of people my age whether that be reposting events from campus organizations like Club Downunder or from the local DIY music scene.
![]()
The @fsugirlboss account has an impressive 8, 998 followers —4, 189 more followers than @ufgirlboss and 7, 847 more followers than @eggplantfsu, FSU's satirical news source and social media page that has been around since 2014.
The Rise And Fall Of The “girlboss”
Perhaps it isthe content that has caused the cult following. Most of my posts have been a result of conversations I have with my friends or in class, said @fsugirlboss.I had a conversation with my roommate about unhealthy attachments to professors, and then created a meme that poked fun at having crushes on your professors related to unresolved 'daddy issues.'

@fsugirlboss's content is undoubtedly hilarious, but it is certainly niche. Only a certain demographicmayfind the page's posts funny. Given that, the popularity of @fsugirlboss must be accounted as a combination of the uber-specific memes along with the mysterious anonymity of who is @fsugirlboss.
The anonymity of the account allows me to talk about experiences that I otherwise may not feel safe sharing on the Internet, said @fsugirlboss. That being said, a lot of my friends know my identity — in some ways, it’s allowed me to build stronger relationships with my friends because I’m essentially letting them read my “diary” of inner-thoughts.
![]()
Girl Boss': Patronising Parody Or Powerful Promotion?
Perhaps it isthe content that has caused the cult following. Most of my posts have been a result of conversations I have with my friends or in class, said @fsugirlboss.I had a conversation with my roommate about unhealthy attachments to professors, and then created a meme that poked fun at having crushes on your professors related to unresolved 'daddy issues.'

@fsugirlboss's content is undoubtedly hilarious, but it is certainly niche. Only a certain demographicmayfind the page's posts funny. Given that, the popularity of @fsugirlboss must be accounted as a combination of the uber-specific memes along with the mysterious anonymity of who is @fsugirlboss.
The anonymity of the account allows me to talk about experiences that I otherwise may not feel safe sharing on the Internet, said @fsugirlboss. That being said, a lot of my friends know my identity — in some ways, it’s allowed me to build stronger relationships with my friends because I’m essentially letting them read my “diary” of inner-thoughts.
![]()
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss University"