Everything featured on The Nessie is independently selected and rigorously tested. We may receive a small commission on purchases made from some of our links. Also, The Nessie is part of the Ness Card ecosystem. Since you’re here, you’d probably be into it.
Welcome to Wellness Diaries. In this series, we send members of our community $1, 000 to splurge on any product, service, or experience—as long as it’s something that can enhance health.

This time, we’ve got Laura Trecartin, Head of Marketing at Girlboss—a modern media company built for ambitious women. She spent her $1, 000 on an astrological planner, an LED therapy mask, an Upright posture corrector, and more.
Girlboss Culture Just Won't Die
Want a chance to win $1, 000 to spend on health & wellness? We’re opening up Wellness Diaries for for the Sightings/Girlboss community. Enter here.
As Girlboss’ marketing head, she’s busy: The brand has a podcast, a newsletter, a job board, and marketplace curated with female-foudned brands. But she’s more than her 9-5. “Activities and interests outside of work are crucial to recharge the batteries and ensure that your career doesn’t define you, ” she tells us.
Outside of promoting incredible brands and inspiring women to find success on their own terms, she loves to garden, play outdoors (she lives at the base of a mountain in British Columbia), chef up meals on an open fire, and create astrology birth charts for her friends.
How To Build A (healthy) Health And Wellness Biz From Scratch
They’re 50% career coach, 50% friend, and 100% committed to engaging their audience through meaningful, impactful content that informs, inspires, and empowers.
“This one is for all my desk job girlies out there. A little support to keep my head held high for years to come is a no-brainer investment! This has been recommended to me by my chiropractor over a brace because it actually helps BUILD the muscles rather than making them dependent on something else. I count this as a long-term play for healthy body alignment.”
“Light therapy kinda makes me feel like I am tapping into the Matrix, ha! It’s such a revolutionary way to take care of our skin and I am all about trying new things. I am in my mid-30s and I know this is a crucial time to keep my skin retaining its youthful resiliency for years to come.”
Sophia Amoruso: So Wurde Der Girlboss Zur Gigantischen Personal Brand
“Joanna Knix (Knix’s founder) is a true entrepreneurial goddess! I first got hooked on her period underwear and now I am a proud owner of the brand’s slippers, a robe, PJs and now… a body suit! Quality is high, intention is even higher. I love the body confidence campaigns and everything about this company!”
“Essential yogi supply. I use a bolster to open up my tight chest muscles, to lie in the world’s best savasana, and to prop myself up when I am sitting on the floor to remove back and buttock pain. Once you have your own bolster at home you will never look back!”
“Give those toes some love! I have noticed over the years that all the different shoes I have crammed my feet into have started to smoosh my little toesies together. Stretching them out for just a few minutes a day feels like such a relief.”

The Demise Of The Girlboss
“I am a woman who definitely ‘glows’ in the summer, which can lead to embarrassing patio sessions. Carpe’s antiperspirant set will let me soak up the sun in peace.”
“A wellness splurge is nothing without a facial. Formula Fig combines tech with beauty for incredible results. The studio began in Canada and has been taking North America by storm with its effective treatments and cute interiors.”
“A gorgeous planner for witchuals. I am obsessed with turning to the stars for guidance and Magic of I has made it super easy. The planner is stunning and has all sorts of prompts to help you attune to the moon.”
Personalized Girlboss Journal Wellness Journal For Women
“Anja Jane is a Canadian female artist who has crafted the cutest deck of cards. Each card features hikes from across British Columbia, Canada (where I live). I am a woman of efficiencies—while I am whooping my partner in crib, I am also getting inspiration for our next adventure outdoors!”
“Cheap, effective, and safe on your teeth! I’ve run into major sensitivity issues after using whitening strips in the past but these leave me with no sensitivity issues at all.”

Subscribe to Nessie Sightings. Wellness recommendations you’ll want—delivered to your inbox twice a week. Subscribe to our (free) newsletter and join our growing community!
Girlboss By Sophia Amoruso: 9781591847939
The Ness Card is issued by The Bank of Missouri, pursuant to a license from Mastercard, and serviced by Ness Well Financial, LLC.
“This card is such an exciting addition to my wallet and it’s perfect for someone who values health and wellness but hasn’t found a credit card that rewards me for that. I love getting rewarded for wellness practices like sleeping, meditating, and moving my body—plus extra points on purchases at my favorite places like Whole Foods, ClassPass and sweetgreen. The app is easy to use and the card is designed for your definition of health and wellness, which I love. It’s flexible!”
“It’s no secret that wellness is such an important part of my everyday life. I spend a lot of money to help fuel my love of running, recovery, nutrition and mindfulness, so the fact that I can now earn rewards for every dollar I spend with the Ness Card is amazing. My health always comes first, and the Ness Card makes that easy to do. It’s a win-win for everyone!”
Celebs Seek Her Out For Wellness With A Dash Of Magic—here's How Taryn Toomey Cares For Herself
“As a new mum, wellness and self-care is a priority for me—so I can, in turn, be able to take care of my baby. I love the incentives that Ness offers for making healthier choices. And to be rewarded along the way for those purchases is such a plus!

“I made a promise to myself to find my joy again in 2023. For the past few years, I haven’t been taking care of myself mentally and physically because I’ve just been on the go and focusing on the future instead of being present. I realized that part of the reason I wasn’t happy was because I wasn’t taking care of myself. So, now with the Ness Card—which literally rewards you for staying on top of your wellness journey—I’ve easily been able to focus on my mental and physical journey. Using the card is now a part of my weekly routine, whether I’m buying groceries, going to therapy, spending a day at the spa, or treating myself to a delicious yummy meal.”
“I love life with the Ness Card! The team behind the scenes work really hard to make it valuable and to create a sense of community, which you feel in every newsletter and hand-crafted partnership. The card itself encourages me to be even more curious about where I’m spending my money. It definitely incentivizes me to spend ‘healthier’, which is really unique. On top of that, getting points for taking more steps? There is seriously nothing like it.”
That Girl” Trend Is Poison: #girlboss Reinvented, Sweetgreen And The Ideal Woman
“My favorite thing about the Ness Card is that it rewards you for your healthy habits, and not all of them require spending. Yes, you can earn 5x points when you spend at any of their approved health and wellness merchants (think Erewhon and many of your other favorites) but you also earn points for being active daily! So now your sanity walks are literally paying off :) As someone who not only works in wellness but lives and breathes it, essentially most of my expenses live in that realm and with the Ness Card I can now be rewarded nicely for those purchases.”
“I love that I have rewards to look forward to when I focus on my health and wellness. As a mom of two and full time photographer/creator, it’s hard to find time to prioritize my health and—as my body ages—I want to make sure that I’m treating it to all the TLC it needs (and deserves)! The Ness Card reminds me to take care of my mental, physical, and emotional health on the daily.”
“It’s refreshing to have a card app that is so easy to use. I can track my spending and rewards at the click of a button. I love getting a notification when I get extra points for getting a full night sleep or getting my steps in, though of course those are optional. I work a lot, and I feel like I get extra rewarded for taking the time to take care of myself – whether it’s therapy or simply cooking at home instead of dining out. The points accumulate really quickly, and I’ve already gotten a $1, 000 credit at Erewhon in my first four months. I also go visit family in Europe a lot, and no one takes my card there, so it’s so convenient to be able to use my Ness Card without ever paying a fee.”

How Girlboss' Head Of Marketing Spent $1,000 On Wellness
“As someone who spends the majority of her money on wellness, the Ness Card is perfect for me! I love earning 5x points on purchases at healthy businesses that I was already making, anyways. The Ness Card also motivates me to get enough sleep,
Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Wellness"