I met Erin on a Zoom call thanks to my artist management class at Berklee, which taught me virtually nothing, but proved to be extremely useful. She was invited as a guest to talk to us (students) about her experience and how she had started her own company, Olivia Management. I was instantly drawn in and after she mentioned that she was looking for interns for her company, I decided to ask her where to apply and submitted my application.
It didn’t work out the first time, I guess there were more suitable candidates at the time, and I lacked the experience. I remember when I got the email saying they decided to move forward with other candidates, I got very dissapointed. By that time, I had probably applied to over 100 entry-level jobs within the music industry and about 50 music-related internships without any luck. They were all looking for someone with experience.

Even though I was frustrated, I decided to keep trying and started harassing Grace via email, reminding her that I was still looking for an internship in case they were looking for someone for the upcoming term. Until one lucky day, I got an email from Grace, offering me an internship for the summer.
Video: Joan Jett, Carrie Brownstein, Other Rockin' Badass Chicks Want You To Vote
Since then, I’ve been lucky enough to not only start the internship at Olivia Management, but another one, simultaneously. I also got offered another internship for the upcoming term, thanks to the experience I’ve gathered during the past three months.
Looking back at my experience working at Olivia Management, I have to say, I’ve learned a ton. However, it isn’t what I’ve learned these past few months that I treasure the most from this internship, but the way I’ve connected with the people I’ve met through this opportunity.
I’ll always remember Olivia Management as the place that opened the doors of the music industry for me and also as a really fun place that introduced me to an amazing group of people.
Stream Gwen Harris
Special thanks to Erin, Merk, Grace, Maddy, Mallory & Evan for making this such a valuable experience, hope you all stick around!
In April of 2023, I sat next to my broken radiator in the smallest dorm room (not even fit for a broom closet, if we’re being honest) staring at my computer and biting my nails prior to the daunting Zoom interview. Earlier that afternoon, as the crisp spring showers of London beat down on the canopy of my local Underground Station, I stood by the turnstiles waiting for the rain to pass and pondered if I would ever feel involved in the Nashville music scene again after being abroad. It was quite dramatic, I know, and the gloomy weather didn’t help my spiraling thoughts. However, I couldn’t help but feel disconnected from school, peers, and most importantly, the career field I loved.
But as I spoke with Grace Carey-Hill on the interview I soon felt at peace because I remembered how vibrant and kind some of the people in the Nashville music industry can be. It’s not everyday that you happen across a company like Olivia Management: a women-run artist management firm succeeding and representing iconic artists that add greatly to the musical fabric of Nashville.
Spring 2022 By The Vindicator
Artist management was something I never pictured myself doing, but as I continued my college career, I knew I needed to broaden my horizons. Working with the amazing women of this company, along with the other interns, has led me to greatly consider artist management as a future career. The people at this company have taught me how to girl-boss (girl-bossing is purely a state of mind) my way through challenging tasks, embrace creativity, and most importantly, grab some good Mexican food together when the day’s plans goes awry. This field changes every day and you never know the obstacles you might run into. Olivia Management is committed to excellence, honesty, integrity, and genuine connection, and I don’t think there is any other group of people who illustrates these values as much as Erin, Grace, Mackenzie, and Maddy.
So, as my days at OM continue to dwindle down, I reflect on how grateful I am that I was able to gain these experiences. I am more confident in my future and I know that these amazing people have my back. These are the parts of college that I will never forget.
AmericanaFest recently announced their 2023 lineup for this year’s showcasing artists. The Olivia Management staff is so excited to have three of our own artists, Sam Johnston, Jill Andrews, and Mary Gauthier perform in this year’s lineup!

Fitness Instagrammers In Singapore To Follow For Your Daily Dose Of Inspiration
Of course we are thrilled to support some of our other favorite artists in this year’s lineup, so I asked each staff member who they are most excited to see perform outside of the artists we work with.
Mackenzie Fey, Olivia Management’s manager, touring, and marketing coordinator is most excited to see Sarah Jarosz, Bahamas and OM artist Sam Johnston. Evan Gilbreath, one of Olivia Management’s summer 2023 intern, is also looking forward to seeing Sarah Jarosz perform.
While on the road for the Arlie’s Angels Tour, The Sewing Club faced the unexpected. While parked in the Dallas, TX area, over $25k+ of their tour gear and personal belongings were stolen from their tour van. In a time of disbelief and a need for relief, the band turned to the fans for help on GoFundMe .
In One First Grade Classroom, Puppets Teach Children To 'shake Out The Yuck'
Lead singer, Hannah McElroy, led the initiative to document the damages and catalog the cost of buying new gear. In a @TheSewingClubBand post on Instagram, as seen below, the band writes candidly about the difficulties of the offense:
The band had been playing shows everywhere from California, and Texas, to the Carolinas and back since February 2. After the GoFundMe post went live, fans, family, and friends reminded us how much music can unite. Within only four days, The Sewing Club fans had raised over $22k+ in support of the indie rock band’s attempt to finish their tour at SXSW on March 13-19. The band posted on their Instagram to thank fans:

The group has gathered a following with some notable attention deriving from the 73k views on their latest music video for their song Sport Mode Likewise, the group debuted their latest single, On My Own . Due to the kindness of their fanbase, The Sewing Club is now on their way to replacing their stolen gear and finishing their 7-week winter 2023 tour with a milestone achievement of playing a major music fest—which is all made possible by the fans.
How Would You Rank Black Pink's Albums, The Album And Born Pink, In Different Categories?
A little bit about me, I am originally from Chattanooga, TN (Go Lookouts!) but moved to Nashville to pursue a degree in music business at Belmont University in 2019. I am currently looking forward to graduating in May and then getting married to the love of my life in September!
However, that’s enough about me. I am going to be taking you through my day as an intern here at Olivia Management! I have so loved my time working here since January and am currently looking forward to the rest of the semester. It has been so much fun getting to work and make friends with Erin, Merk, Grace, and Maddy. They are the definition of #GIRLBOSS. Also, the artists here at OM rock my socks off!
7:00 AM : This is the time I usually wake up. I get ready for the day and try to fit in a little pilates workout.
Send Gifts To Jordan
8:00 AM : I am ready and out of the door by this time. I leave an hour early. (Mainly to beat Nashville morning traffic and to grab myself a Strawberry Oat Milk Matcha Latté from Barista Parlor.)

9:00 AM : This is when my work day at OM starts! Once I get into the office and say hello to everyone, I log in to Slack and Asana to see what kind of tasks I have been assigned for the day.
What I love about working here at Olivia Management is that my assignments can vary from day to day which makes everything so exciting. Some assignments that I enjoy are sending out merch, adding to the wall calendar in the office, creating social media ideas for artists, and of course writing blogs.
Song Review: Mamamoo
The work environment here at OM is so amazing too. We all respect and get along with each other so well. The vibes in the office are always so fun. I have really enjoyed listening to our artists albums throughout the day while we work.
The Wash - Whether it’s poke or a cuban sandwich, The Wash has got it all! (And it’s walking distance from the office)
5:00 PM : This is when my workday here at Olivia Management ends and I head home to Green Hills. After work, I usually wind down with a good book and a glass of wine and am in bed by 10:00 PM.
Stupell Industries Black And White Baby Lion Large Cat Animal Design Canvas Wall Art, 30 X 30, Multi Color
Thank you so much for reading and I hope this gave you more insight on what it’s like to be an intern here at Olivia Management!
This summer, our artists Alex Blue, Hush Kids, and ZG Smith recorded
Posting Komentar untuk "Float On Acoustic Girlboss"