When I created my Christmas wishlist, without telling anyone, this Sophia Amoruso book was at the top of the list. Despite having never once clicked onto the Nasty Gal website, I'd seen the cover photographed a million times and thought 'hey, if such and such has that book then it must be good'. It seemed like a must have.
Before reading a book, I try to avoid having expectations, there's nothing worse than feeling let down. Needless to say #GIRLBOSSes, this book most certainly does not disappoint.

It did take me quite a while to read, simply because I wanted to soak up every word and phrase of the book, whether it be on the train, at work or in bed. It felt like something special was happening.
Girl Boss Feminism
It's a book about growing up, feeling lost, and being different before finding your way and being a successful business woman. Sophia tells her readers how she transitioned from dumpster-diving-shoplifting-thrift-shopping misfit to a multi-millions-dollar-company-founder-and-CEO #GIRLBOSS.
She proved that starting off on eBay, selling vintage finds could ultimately turn into the $100+ million company that would change the fashion e-commerce world.
Sophia wrote in her book, 'Focus on the positive things in your life and you'll be shocked at home many positive things start happening. But before you start to think you just got lucky, remember that it's magic and you made it yourself'.

Girlboss — Internet Gems: Website Inspiration — Ilovecreatives
As a former pessimist, trust me I really was when I was younger, these words really hit me and pushed me to see things in a positive light, to change the way I view things and how I approach different times in my life.
Parts of me can relate to Sophia and her story, okay so I didn't thieve or work crummy jobs or have a tough life, but I've felt alone, lost, unsure and like my life would never feel right again. It's horrible but it helps knowing someone else felt that way and made it through in the best way possible.

I can honestly say that I've never felt so inspired by a book in my life. It made me believe that anything is possible and I'm sure it had the same effect on many of those who read it.
Truly Yours, A.: Book Review: #girlboss By Sophia Amoruso
It doesn't matter if you aren't interested in fashion, this isn't really the point of the book, the point is to show how a woman can be empowering, take control of her own life and be tremendously successful.

It doesn't matter if you aren't interested in fashion, this isn't really the point of the book, the point is to show how a woman can be empowering, take control of her own life and be tremendously successful.

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Blog"