Girlboss Cover Letter Template

Girlboss Cover Letter Template

My name is Erin, and I’m here to help you write a good cover letter for your job application. Because I’m tired of everyone asking me to write one for them.

I’ve been reading/writing/editing professionally for the past seven years. Secondly, as “just” an English major, I’ve managed to successfully land jobs at multiple major sports and entertainment corporations in a competitive field, without having an “in” and knowing someone who worked there. Thirdly, Chandra Turner , the founder of and Talent Fairy, saw another version of this post on Linked In and loved it so much she asked me to tweak it just for you.

An

So how did I, a liberal arts student, with absolutely no discernible skills, get these coveted positions? (If I was actually good at those jobs is another post!)

Professional Shift Manager Cover Letter Examples

Yes, recruiters will often tell you that they don’t read cover letters. But hiring managers do, especially if the cover letter is sent directly to their inbox, and has a captivating opening sentence.

Is this a guaranteed way to get a job? No. Nothing’s guaranteed. But I just wanted to share with everyone during this tough time how I’ve managed to set myself apart from the pack, and hopefully, you can glean something to help you on your journey to a new job.

Wondering who is hiring at the moment? LinkedIn keeps an updated list of employers who are hiring during the time of COVID.

Girl Boss Empowerment Leadership Brunch Template

For the cover letter we’re about to write, we’ll use an example job posting as we walk through the cover letter writing steps.

Posting: Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory is looking for a full-time Digital Content Creator to share the whimsy and wonder of the Wonka Brand and provide a digital world full of pure imagination for customers around the globe.

Your opening sentence is the most important part of your letter. Give them something enticing to read that will make them want to know more about you, your background, and why you would be a good fit for the job.

Sales Assistant Cover Letter Template & Writing Guide

Before you begin the cover letter writing process, make sure that you read the company’s mission statement or any literature on the company’s website.

Being informed and educated on a company will allow you to write an opening sentence that will prove that you understand the brand on a deeper level. Convince the reader that you are familiar with its work or mission. Anyone can apply for a job, but understanding why a company does what it does or showing interest in the brand elevates your resume. Having a personal connection to a brand or product makes you that much of a better hire, as you will be the perfect advocate for the company and employer.

“Wonka Candy has defined millions of childhoods around the world with sweet treats and the inspiration to dream big. I’d like to inspirit the next generation of dreamers and introduce them to the world of pure imagination as a Digital Content Creator for Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.”

Executive

Loss Prevention Supervisor Cover Letter Examples

“In the game of tennis, you may get to serve twice, but in the game of life, you only live once. And I would really love to spend my one life working for the fantastic organization that is the USTA.”

“While I admit that I have not personally protected gorillas in the Congo or aided wolverines in the Yellowstone Rockies, I can say in full confidence I would be honored to work and help raise funds for the world’s preeminent conservation organization, the Wildlife Conservation Society.”

“Inscribed on the walls of Citi Field are American hero and baseball legend Jackie Robinson’s prolific words, ‘A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.’ And I would really love to spend my one life impacting the lives of every New York Mets fan by working for the fantastic organization that is the New York Mets.”

How To Write A Great Cover Letter — Girl & The

“My name is [insert your name here], and I am a recent applicant for the [title of role] position for [name of company].”

For this example, we’ll pretend that you currently work at a brewery, and have held multiple positions there. Your current role is as Assistant Social Media Manager.

The

Go back to the job posting. Review it. What are the shared responsibilities between your current job/former job and this job posting? Highlight three or more action words that you did in your last job.

Girlboss Selected Quotes And The Value Of Cover Letters

Great. Now the whole point of the body paragraph is to show how you are qualified for the position. Demonstrating that you already conduct the required responsibilities proves that you are an excellent candidate.

So, now we take those words and actions that we highlighted and include them in the body paragraph, ideally peppering in other key words from the job description (i.e., “editorial calendar, ” “social media, ” “blog”). Here’s what that looks like:

“I have extensive experience working in the digital forefront of the food and beverage industry, holding multiple positions for The Lil’ Brewing Company, where I have worked since 2016. When I first started at my company, I was a waitress in the tap room, but during my slow days I interviewed staff in different positions and departments around the brewery. I pitched those interviews as a blog series for The Lil’ Brewing Company. I wrote all 25 of the blogs, and collaborated with the video team to adapt the blogs into a video series, and I also collaborated with the social team , helping to craft and copy edit all posts that accompanied the series. In 2018, I was promoted to my current role as Assistant Social Media Manager. Since joining my team, I’ve helped to more than double The Lil’ Brewing Company’s social media followers from just 6, 000 in 2018, to over 15, 000 in 2020. In addition, I manage the editorial calendar and write weekly blog posts for the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory website that highlights the company, customers, and new products. I continually cross-collaborate with all departments in the brewery to develop new content ideas and strategies.”

The Girlboss Workbook: An Interactive Journal For Winning At Life: Amoruso, Sophia: 9780143131977: Amazon.com: Books

This a short paragraph that reflects how you relate to the job/work/company on a personal or emotional level. The goal is show the employer that you get their brand better than the average Joe. (When The Talent Fairy read this post, she even felt like this could be your opening graph. Go with what works for you. Obviously you don’t want to lead with something unless it’s authentic!)

-

“Besides my extensive experience working on the digital side of the food and beverage industry, I also have a deep affinity for Wonka products. After every report card in elementary school, my parents always gifted me with a Golden Egg for a job well done. My childhood and some of my greatest memories are punctuated with Wonka products, and I’d love to share that magic and nostalgia with future generations.”

This short paragraph not only shows that you are familiar with the products, but that there is sentimentality and a personal tie to the brand.

The Cover Letter Template That Always Works For Me

“I believe that with my extensive digital experience, strong collaboration skills, and background in the food and beverage industry, that I would be the perfect Digital Content Creator to help inspire the next generation of Wonkas. Attached please find my resume for consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.”

Wonka Candy has defined millions of childhoods around the world with sweet treats and the inspiration to dream big. I’d like to inspirit the next generation of dreamers and introduce them to the world of pure imagination as a Digital Content Creator for Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.

My name is Erin Maher, and I am a recent applicant for the Digital Content Creator position for Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.

How

How To Write A Cover Letter That Hits Just The Right Tone

I have extensive experience working in the digital forefront of the food and beverage industry, holding multiple positions for The Lil’ Brewing Company, where I have worked since 2016. When I first started at my company, I was a waitress in the tap room, but during my slow days I interviewed staff in different positions and departments around the brewery. I pitched those interviews as a blog series for The Lil’ Brewing Company. I wrote all 25 of the blogs, and collaborated with the video team to adapt the blogs into a video series, and I also collaborated with the social team, helping to craft and copy edit all posts that accompanied the series. In 2018, I was promoted to my current role as Assistant Social Media Manager. Since joining my team, I’ve helped to more than double The Lil’ Brewing Company’s social media followers from just 6, 000 in 2018, to over 15, 000 in 2020. In addition, I manage the editorial calendar and write weekly blog posts for the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory website that highlights the company, customers, and new products. I continually cross-collaborate with all departments in the brewery to develop new content ideas and strategies.

Besides my extensive experience working on the digital side of the food and beverage industry, I also have a deep affinity for Wonka products. After every report card in elementary school, my parents

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Cover Letter Template"