Ok, so if you want to talk about the GIRLBOSS OF GIRLBOSSES, then let’s talk about one of the top 3 in my book: MICHELLE PHAN.
She basically is the top YouTuber on the planet with 1 billion views, has a gnarly/crazy following, AND has her own makeup line. Oh, she also is kind of up there with Oprah because she JUST LAUNCHED A WOMEN’S LIFESTYLE NETWORK.
![]()
Personally I’m an avid follower of Michelle. Recently I read this article on her & I knew I had to interview for her The Skinny Confidential. She gave me a bunch of stuff from her new makeup line to try & her line is AMAZING, guys. I’m especially obsessed with the contour stick— I don’t leave home without it because it’s basically a quick, travel-sized way to contour & highlight.
As Michelle Phan's Brand Is Valued At $500m, Femail Reveals Other Youtube Stars Earning Big
Anyway, if this isn’t some Sunday night, kick your ass into gear for a badass Monday, inspo, I don’t know what is.
Michelle Phan: I am a digital pioneer and entrepreneur. I film makeup video tutorials, which can be found on my website, www.michellephan.com, or on my YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/michellephan. I also created my own makeup line, em Michelle Phan, with L’Oreal.
Additionally, I launched a women’s lifestyle network where I executive produce a handful of shows – most of which can be found here.
What Youtubers & Influencers Looked Like Then Vs. Now
Finally, my first-ever book, MAKE UP: YOUR LIFE GUIDE TO BEAUTY, STYLE AND SUCCESS – ONLINE AND OFF, was released on October 21st.
MP: em Cosmetics is a make-up brand that I launched and co-created with my followers. It was a 2 year journey, in which I partnered with L’oreal. It was the first time they partnered with a YouTube makeup artist. We went around the world and did focus groups with my followers in Australia, Europe, Asia, US, & Canada, etc.
We collected lots of feedback, which really inspired the formulas and colors for em. em launched September 2013 on emcosmetics.com with over 250 different skus.
Who Is Michelle Phan?
§ Right before you apply lip color, line the outer edge of your lips with a highlighter stick. You’ll want one that has a waxy base similar to your invisible or colored lip liners because it will create a barrier and prevent lipstick from bleeding. While a face highlighter works, try a brow highlighting pencil like Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Lights Matte Highlighter.
§ Once you’ve applied highlighter around your lips, smooth out any harshness against your skin, blending away from your lips. Glide your favorite lipstick on and finish by pursing your lips together, and with your ring finger, clean up any remaining highlighter lines. With this trick your lips will look illuminated, you won’t fret over not having the right liner shade and your color will stay put!
Apply a long-lasting pencil liner like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner as close to your lashes on your eyelid. The pencil will give you more control to create a straight line and provide the right amount of coverage to prevent any gaps between liner and lash line. To make sure you’ve created a strong line, apply pencil liner on the underneath side of your lash line by placing your finger in the crease of your eye and pushing your lashes out. Then run the pencil at the base of your lashes.

Michelle Phan On Her Journey Into Entrepreneurship, Surviving Burnout, And Recharging
Now is the time to not only achieve holding power, but also create a bolder eyeliner look. Swipe your liquid liner, in a matching shade, over the pencil liner you’ve already applied. Now, if there is any bleeding of product, it won’t be seen. Even better, your slightly shaky hand won’t sabotage your style. Oh, and don’t forget to shake your liquid liner before applying – shaking mixes the product and limits the chance for bleeding liner. You can try one of the brand new em Scribble Calligraphy Liquid Liner ( it applies like a dream ) or a classic like Lancôme Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner. With this power combo you can work on more important things like perfecting your cat eye.
MP: I try to make choices that will make me feel good, like choosing green tea over coffee or a salad over a sandwich.
It was designed for and with my community to meet their authentic beauty needs, based on years of input I received while being a beauty mentor.
Og Beauty Vlogger Michelle Phan Has Returned To Youtube And Twitter Is Freaking Out
The community has been a part of every piece of the brand, providing input on launch products, shade names and product packaging. Community members also appear in package design, brand photography, & on the em Michelle Phan website.
MP: I want to inspire others to build successful brands on YouTube as I’m passionate about discovering new talent and helping them grow. I recently partnered Endemol Beyond USA and will be expanding my lifestyle network by building a boutique premium talent network that will feature key tastemakers and pioneers in the YouTube space, as well as curate and create inspirational content for millennials.
I also recently partnered with Cutting Edge Group and will be launching my own record label, Shift Music Group. I wanted to create a platform that would provide opportunities for artists, by not only promoting their music in my videos, but giving them further opportunity to get their music heard, whether that be in film, TV, ad campaigns, &/or otherwise.
Top 5 Podcasts To Get Motivated And Inspired
I’ve always been passionate about music and artists, and this venture allows me to take my passion and create opportunities for others.“Someone once told me that during a recession, a lot of businesses will form because people are driven to consider their options at this point. I felt like I was at this point in my life too. I had this YouTube channel and I figured I could accumulate some followers which could give me an edge on my resume.” At that time, you couldn’t make money on YouTube but I knew that this was a tool. This could be the future of TV — which we see today, everyone’s on YouTube.” – Michelle Phan Who is Michelle Phan?
Michelle Phan is an inspiring female entrepreneur, ultimate creator, and beauty superstar. You may know her as YouTube’s beauty pioneer whose channel has received over 1 billion views, making her one of the most watched talents in the digital space.
She has built multiple multi-million dollar businesses including Ipsy, a makeup subscription company, EM Cosmetics, and most recently, Thematic, a marketplace that enables creators to find and use copyright-free songs from real artists in their videos. She has been featured on Forbes’ 30 Under 30, Inc’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Entrepreneurs, and Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business.
Michelle Phan Is Building A Beauty Empire (full Video)
In this conversation with Neha Gandhi, Michelle shares her journey into entrepreneurship, her business intuition, rebranding herself, surviving burnout, the importance of re-charging and gaining clarity through travel.

When you were coming out of college and starting your channel, how much of a vision did you have of what’s to come?
This was in the summer of 2008. The economy was really bad and we were in a recession. As a junior at that time, a lot of my senior friends who graduated weren’t getting hired and that freaked me out. I was contemplating on figuring out what to do because I had accumulated so much student debt. Someone once told me that during a recession, a lot of businesses will form because people are driven to consider their options at this point. I felt like I was at this point in my life too. I had this YouTube channel and I figured I could accumulate some followers which could give me an edge on my resume.
Fotos E Imágenes De Michelle Phan Imágenes
At that time, you couldn’t make money on YouTube but I knew that this was a tool. This could be the future of TV — which we see today, everyone’s on YouTube. When I began to build my channel, my videos started to catch on and received lots of viewers, which surprised me because I was just doing it out of passion. I think great opportunities can come when you’re not trying to create a product for money but rather trying to bring a solution to a problem. In 2007-2008, there weren’t a lot of readily available makeup tutorials — you would either have to go to a beauty counter and buy products, or pay for makeup seminars. I saw this market gap and thought my videos could fill it, and luckily, I made the right decision. I started to make money when YouTube offered AdSense and that was how I was able to invest more time in building my channel.
Did you have some kind of foresight because you were so ahead of the curve with your YouTube channel and your Ipsy subscription boxes?
I always like to put myself in the shoes of the consumer. A good entrepreneur is someone who is good at identifying market gaps. Steve Jobs is a great example. He designed beautiful products for Apple because he had beautiful things; he had Leica cameras and drove a Mercedes SLS. He had really good taste and you want to put yourself in the shoes of the consumer. I did the same with my YouTube channel; I want to

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Radio Michelle Phan"