Girlboss Beauty

Girlboss Beauty

We all know that experimenting with makeup is fun. Playing with colours (orange eyeshadow, anyone?), textures and even the latest viral beauty trends (we’re looking at you pencil technique) is half the reason we all can’t resist stocking up on the newest launches and those cult beauty products.

But makeup can be incredibly empowering, too. Not only can it help you express exactly who you are, but – as makeup artist and MAC collection creator James Kaliardos puts it – “It can be used as a secret weapon.”

The

Kaliardos, who has worked with the likes of Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama and is a huge advocate for female empowerment, says of the power of makeup: “It’s fun. But it can also make you look pulled together. It’s like a good haircut on a guy, you know what I mean? It does make a change in how people perceive you.”

Leigh Stein's 'self Care' And The Death Of The Girlboss

“Strengthening the eyebrow is really an incredible tool for looking more powerful. And for looking more in control and in command. So I would say if you want get something across at work or get a raise or [go to] a job interview, strengthening the brow is a really key element, ” says Kaliardos.

Kaliardos recommends saving your high-shine and sparkling products for the weekend. When it comes to your Girlboss endeavours, “Don’t wear too much glitter or gloss.” Instead, he recommends opting for matte or cream finishes that can add a polished finish to your makeup look. A bold lip colour also doesn’t hurt.

According to Kaliardos, you want your makeup - especially your foundation - to look sleek and polished, not overdone. So instead of wearing a ‘mask’ of foundation, opt for lighter, more natural coverage and make sure to dedicate time to a flawless blending session.

Meet The #girlboss Behind Your Fave Beauty Bloggers

Carli was ’s Editor from launch in 2016 until May 2020. You can find her words right here on , and previously on beautyheaven.

All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. Are Media and its brands may have generated text partially using generative AI. Upon generating draft language, our editors review, edit, and revise it to their own liking. We take ultimate responsibility for the content of our publications.Ottawa makeup artist Klava Z shows how to create a professional makeup look for work called #Girlboss with red lips and classic eyes.

Welcome to Everyday Effortless Beauty Series by Klava Z, which is a bi-weekly beauty series showing you how to do flawless, fresh, fun and natural makeup looks for everyday life.

Netflix Cast The Perfect Actress To Play Sophia Amoruso In The

March 8th was an International Women’s Day and I wanted to honour it with this week’s look #Girlboss – professional makeup look.  I grew up in Russia where this holiday was lavishly celebrated all across the country and women were celebrated.  Even though back then we didn’t have the term girl boss, but many were by default, because it wasn’t common for women to stay at home, every one I knew was a working woman.

-

Today I’m surrounded with kick-ass girl bosses who run their businesses with style and even if it’s not easy – don’t show it.  I’m in total awe of women’s abilities to balance all the roles that they take on.  I know from a personal experience that it can be challenging and I’m still trying to find the balance between developing my business, spending time with my lovely family, taking time for myself and taking care of my house.   I guess I’m a girl boss in training. 😉

I wanted to create a makeup look that says “power” and what better gets that point across then a red lipstick?  A lot of women think that they can’t get away with red, but trust me, there is a perfect shade of red lipstick waiting for you somewhere to be discovered.  It is also a matter of getting out of your comfort zone – if you are not used to wearing bright colour lipstick then even your perfect shade of red will look too harsh to you.  Give yourself some time to get used to it!  Wearing red can make you feel more confident and it’s a proven fact that people pay more attention to what someone is saying when their are wearing a red lipstick.  Another great reason for girl bosses to wear it. 🙂

Beauty Moguls That Gave Us Girl Boss Goals In 2017

In this makeup look for work every feature of the face is polished for a professional look, however nothing competes with the lips.  You don’t want anything taking away the impact of the power colour.  Let’s take a look at the details of this makeup.

You need a flawless base to make the bright colour lips stand out in the best way, so make sure to do your foundation properly, covering any discolourations on the skin.  I used a liquid foundation with medium coverage and natural finish, meaning not too glowy or matte.  The t-zone was powdered to make sure that it doesn’t look oily midday.  The cheeks were defined with a blush in an earthy-peach blush colour that was applied under and slightly across the cheekbones for a contoured effect.

-

Often I recommend to not put anything on the eyes other then mascara when wearing a bright pop of colour on the lips for a modern look.  However, in this case, I wanted the eyes to be more polished, since it is a professional makeup look for work.  So I did a classic look on the eyes.  Soft cool pinkish grey colour was blended all over the lid and in the crease with a soft brush to add depth to the eye.  Light eye shadow was patted with a flat brush on the lower lid to brighten up and open the eyes.  To define the eyes, I applied a thin liquid eyeliner across the top lash line stopping where the lashes stop.  Be careful not to go over and down the eye edge as it will make the eyes appear droopy.

Buy Pink Face & Body For Women By Typsy Beauty Online

Brows are really important to this look!  Brows really define the character of the face and they need to be meticulously defined and polished.  Fill in the brows with a pencil or powder, making sure that all the gaps that make them look uneven are filled in and then go over with a brow gel to set them in place.

I will warn you right away that I didn’t use a lipliner on purpose.  I find that brighter and darker colour lipsticks without a visible liner look more modern and fresh.  If you are used to a lipliner to even out your lips – find one that matches your lipstick perfectly and use it AFTER you applied lipstick.  This way it will even out the borders of your lips without looking like a definite line.

1. To make sure that your bright beautiful lipstick will stay on strong all day – use a lip primer.  I use the one by MAC and I let it sit on the lips for at least two minutes before I start applying a lipstick, otherwise it doesn’t have a chance to set and won’t hold your lipstick in place as well.  Trust me, giving time to a lip primer to set makes all the difference!

Wie

Kayla Nicole Serves Major Girlboss Energy In Plunging, Low Rise Pinstripe Set

2. Use a lip brush so that you can define the borders of your lips instead of using a lipliner.  Tip – I like to use a concealer brush for more full lips as lip brushes can be too small so takes longer to fill in the whole lip.

3. Gently blot lips to help press the pigment of the lipstick into the lips more thorough.  No smooshing your lips into the kleenex though!

If you think that it’s too much work, think about Marilyn Munroe who would put at least 5 layers of lipstick on to get the desired colour and fuller look.  But seriously, it only takes an extra minute to do this, but will result in extra 4 hours of perfect lipstick wear.

Girlboss™ Instant Facial Hair Remover

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Eye Tint in Flannel.  This is an interesting liquid-to-powder eyeshadow formula.  The coverage is really buildable from sheer wash of colour to a more opaque shades.  Once it dries it feels, looks and acts like a powder eye shadow that is extremely long-wearing.  The colour is really cool, sort of muted rosy pink with gray-ish undertones and a golden shimmer-sheen. Certain tones come out more depending on the rest of the makeup and the skin tone, of course.

-

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.  I already sang my serenades to this liquid liner that is my absolute fav in the previous post here.

Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in Sepia.  The design of this dual-ended pencil and brush is one of the best out there if you want to quickly fill in your brows for a natural looking definition. The triangular slanted tip is brilliant because you can use different angles of it depending on what area of the brow you are working on.  The powder texture adds subtle colour and will never look harsh.  There is a good reason it has won Best of Beauty Awards

The Rise And Fall Of The Girlboss — And Why Her Fall Is A Good Thing

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Beauty"