Girlboss Book Review

Girlboss Book Review

Sophia Amoruso's personal account of her journey to create her clothing company, Nasty Girl in #GIRLBOSS is such a great read. #GIRLBOSS is real and raw, sarcastic and identifiable. I highly recommend this read to any woman who is working toward her dreams and needs a little bit of inspiration.

The thing that was interesting as I was reading this book, was how closely I identified with the main character. Now, I've never really been into fashion...that's not really by thing. But her attitude and the way she approached life and rebelled against nearly all societal norms. I legit, could have written this book myself!

At seventeen, Sophia Amoruso decided to forgo continuing education to pursue a life of hitchhiking, dumpster diving, and petty thievery. Now, at twenty-nine, she is the Founder, CEO, and Creative Director of Nasty Gal, a $100+ million e-tailer that draws A-list publicity and rabid fans for its leading-edge fashion and provocative online persona. Her story is extraordinary—and only part of the appeal of #GIRLBOSS.

Girlboss By Sophia Amoruso

This aspirational book doesn’t patronize young women the way many business experts do. Amoruso shows readers how to channel their passion and hard work while keeping their insecurities from getting in the way. She offers straight talk about making your voice heard and doing meaningful work.

She’s proof that you can be a huge success without giving up your spirit of adventure or distinctive style. As she writes, I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.”

The story is so entertaining that Netflix picked it up for a Netflix original series. I binge watched the entire thing as soon as it was released. It's really good for a light, entertaining, mindless TV. Not too serious or emotional and really sarcastic and funny with a few life lessons.

Books To Add To Your Reading List This Month

If you enjoy this book let me know and if you have recommendations that are similar I'd love to hear about them. I think you'll really enjoy Year of Yes if you like this one!

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.

If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.

Truly Yours, A.: Book Review: #girlboss By Sophia Amoruso

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Book Review"