Girlboss Cosmetics

Girlboss Cosmetics

We all know that experimenting with makeup is fun. Playing with colours (orange eyeshadow, anyone?), textures and even the latest viral beauty trends (we’re looking at you pencil technique) is half the reason we all can’t resist stocking up on the newest launches and those cult beauty products.

But makeup can be incredibly empowering, too. Not only can it help you express exactly who you are, but – as makeup artist and MAC collection creator James Kaliardos puts it – “It can be used as a secret weapon.”

Girl

Kaliardos, who has worked with the likes of Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama and is a huge advocate for female empowerment, says of the power of makeup: “It’s fun. But it can also make you look pulled together. It’s like a good haircut on a guy, you know what I mean? It does make a change in how people perceive you.”

Glossier's Emily Weiss, Among The Last Of The Girlbosses, Steps Down

“Strengthening the eyebrow is really an incredible tool for looking more powerful. And for looking more in control and in command. So I would say if you want get something across at work or get a raise or [go to] a job interview, strengthening the brow is a really key element, ” says Kaliardos.

Kaliardos recommends saving your high-shine and sparkling products for the weekend. When it comes to your Girlboss endeavours, “Don’t wear too much glitter or gloss.” Instead, he recommends opting for matte or cream finishes that can add a polished finish to your makeup look. A bold lip colour also doesn’t hurt.

According to Kaliardos, you want your makeup - especially your foundation - to look sleek and polished, not overdone. So instead of wearing a ‘mask’ of foundation, opt for lighter, more natural coverage and make sure to dedicate time to a flawless blending session.

Big Girlboss Energy Accessory Bags

Carli was ’s Editor from launch in 2016 until May 2020. You can find her words right here on , and previously on beautyheaven.

All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts. If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. Are Media and its brands may have generated text partially using generative AI. Upon generating draft language, our editors review, edit, and revise it to their own liking. We take ultimate responsibility for the content of our publications.I’m Sholayide Otugalu, a self-taught makeup artist/beauty aficionada by heart – and by day I am a Senior E-Commerce Merchandiser at a leading luxury retailer. I’m a 31 year old Yoruba girl and Brooklynite with a huge personality: a mix of diva and southern girl charm!

My career as a makeup artist started as a customer. I spent so many hours trying on colors at the beauty counters at my local mall that a manager offered me a job, citing my eye for creating original looks. While working counters part-time, I began to conceptualize a natural beauty brand that would have some sort of shock factor. I knew I wanted this line to be the opposite of other natural beauty brands, which seem to be very muted. I wanted it to be the go-to brand for the downtown cool girl. I wanted to go rogue! After researching ways to create healthy and functional skincare without chemicals, I began to develop a natural beauty line that appealed to those who wanted glamour and luxury, combined with edginess.

Girl Boss' Inspirational Cosmetic Makeup Travel Pencil Pouch Bag Lightweight

In May 2014 I created Joséphine Cosmetics– a glamorously healthy (that’s being trademarked!) line of hand-blended organic skincare and mineral makeup collection for the experimental brave.

Meet

The product offering is very intimate: Four color cosmetics in various shades and four skincare items, carefully handblended to make this unique collection incredibly sexy and complex, whilst youthful, powerful and glam rock-esque.

I’m also utilizing this campaign to raise social awareness with a partnership of local NYC LGBQT non-profit organization, and targeting the NYC non-profit The Center to see if we can work together to release a unique campaign.  The main message of the campaign will raise awareness about genderqueer inequality, bullying and suicide amongst teens that identify as LGBQT. I will use my resources to create a short film featuring teens as they share their secrets to confidence and beauty with a focus on what really matters – feeling empowered.

Girl Boss Pink Vanity Pouch

To see Joséphine as more than just a cosmetics brand, but as a lifestyle.  I want to take the basic principle of the brand – glamorously healthy – and tie that concept into other areas of our supporters’ lives, by raising social awareness through our advocacy platform

, and expanding Joséphine as a leader in health and wellness products. I want to make everyone in the world embrace and enhance his/her unique beauty in the most natural way possible.

MANHATTAN

That’s my favorite piece of advice anyone can offer. You really don’t have to be an owner to have the mentality of one – It’s about knowing what you want and going after it: setting goals, fulfilling those goals,  and then setting new ones. Whether you want to accomplish something specific in your career or quit your day job to become a ballerina, you really have to push forward with whatever you decide – then commit and own it!Ottawa makeup artist Klava Z shows how to create a professional makeup look for work called #Girlboss with red lips and classic eyes.

Girl Boss Cosmetic Bag

Welcome to Everyday Effortless Beauty Series by Klava Z, which is a bi-weekly beauty series showing you how to do flawless, fresh, fun and natural makeup looks for everyday life.

March 8th was an International Women’s Day and I wanted to honour it with this week’s look #Girlboss – professional makeup look.  I grew up in Russia where this holiday was lavishly celebrated all across the country and women were celebrated.  Even though back then we didn’t have the term girl boss, but many were by default, because it wasn’t common for women to stay at home, every one I knew was a working woman.

Today I’m surrounded with kick-ass girl bosses who run their businesses with style and even if it’s not easy – don’t show it.  I’m in total awe of women’s abilities to balance all the roles that they take on.  I know from a personal experience that it can be challenging and I’m still trying to find the balance between developing my business, spending time with my lovely family, taking time for myself and taking care of my house.   I guess I’m a girl boss in training. 😉

GirlBoss

Buy Wycon Cosmetics Girlboss Lipstick Online

I wanted to create a makeup look that says “power” and what better gets that point across then a red lipstick?  A lot of women think that they can’t get away with red, but trust me, there is a perfect shade of red lipstick waiting for you somewhere to be discovered.  It is also a matter of getting out of your comfort zone – if you are not used to wearing bright colour lipstick then even your perfect shade of red will look too harsh to you.  Give yourself some time to get used to it!  Wearing red can make you feel more confident and it’s a proven fact that people pay more attention to what someone is saying when their are wearing a red lipstick.  Another great reason for girl bosses to wear it. 🙂

In this makeup look for work every feature of the face is polished for a professional look, however nothing competes with the lips.  You don’t want anything taking away the impact of the power colour.  Let’s take a look at the details of this makeup.

You need a flawless base to make the bright colour lips stand out in the best way, so make sure to do your foundation properly, covering any discolourations on the skin.  I used a liquid foundation with medium coverage and natural finish, meaning not too glowy or matte.  The t-zone was powdered to make sure that it doesn’t look oily midday.  The cheeks were defined with a blush in an earthy-peach blush colour that was applied under and slightly across the cheekbones for a contoured effect.

Blushbox Girl Boss Makeup Bag

Often I recommend to not put anything on the eyes other then mascara when wearing a bright pop of colour on the lips for a modern look.  However, in this case, I wanted the eyes to be more polished, since it is a professional makeup look for work.  So I did a classic look on the eyes.  Soft cool pinkish grey colour was blended all over the lid and in the crease with a soft brush to add depth to the eye.  Light eye shadow was patted with a flat brush on the lower lid to brighten up and open the eyes.  To define the eyes, I applied a thin liquid eyeliner across the top lash line stopping where the lashes stop.  Be careful not to go over and down the eye edge as it will make the eyes appear droopy.

Kaufen

Brows are really important to this look!  Brows really define the character of the face and they need to be meticulously defined and polished.  Fill in the brows with a pencil or powder, making sure that all the gaps that

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Cosmetics"