Girlboss Netflix Tumblr

Girlboss Netflix Tumblr

Logline: Sophia, an anarchist misfit, discovers a passion for fashion, becoming an unlikely businesswoman in the process. As her business grows, however, she has to learn to cope with life as her own boss.

Janet Jackson, Hillary Clinton, and Sophia Amoruso: nasty gals who pushed back against the gross patriarchy. Janet built an iconic career on fempowering, sex-positive music, but now motherhood is a priority; Hillary came the closest any female has to the most powerful office in the world with an inclusive message of strength, but lost to a radioactive cheeto puppet troll; and Sophia Amoruso built a fashion fempire worth upwards of $280 million, but she stepped down and her company declared bankruptcy last year. Amoruso’s literal rags-to-riches story is practically tailormade for TV (or at least a movie), but the result is as messy as fictional Sophia’s apartment.The problem with fictional Sophia is that she is largely unlikable, a stereotypical stunted emotional submersible armed with unbridled entitlement + a chip on her shoulder the side of Kazakhstan, despite a supportive father, friend (a breakthrough Ellie Reed as Annie), and fella (a handsome if bland Johnny Simmons). That is no dig against actress Britt Robertson, whose CW + mediocre sci-fi movie résumé belies the full inhabitation of Sophia she does here. She’s smart, she’s sassy, and she’s spitting in the face of her reality: dumpster diving, theft, eviction are all real world issues that not everyone can face with such blasé conviction (though her medical issue + the subsequent commentary on health insurance were well-handled). The show wants us to root for her, even demands it at times, and ultimately, Sophia’s vulnerable side + nigh-superhuman ability to pick luxe needles out of vintage haystacks does often win brownie points. However, more often than not, she feels aggravatingly lost in a desert plodding alongin a makeshift caravan made of fuck-all self-centeredness. Guest stars fare better: Jim Rash’s capitalist-dissident store owner Mobias, Louise Fletcher’s bitter but accurate old lady Rosie, and Cole Escola + Nicole Sullivan’s gay son-mom duo make impactful appearances, but it is THE RuPaul Charles’ no-nonsense Lionel who makes all of the aforementioned foolishness worth it.The fourth episode forced Sophia to face her fears, allowing her business to continue moving forward, while starting to crack the mystery of her mother. The other three episodes were oft-formulaic showcases for Sophia’s (and by extension, the show’s) best + worst qualities, namely, how her troubles feel more like episodic obstacles than life struggles, but her strong support network helps propel her through to personal + professional breakthroughs.Sometimes the show feels like eBay itself: second-hand stylish goods refurbishedto be sold online to a new audience. However, the sheer charisma that the cast, particularly a trooper Robertson who is in practically every scene, really makes it feel like a petulant child: someone who annoys the bejeebus out of you, but you can’t help but care for.Sophia seems to be making things happen for herself by sheer force of will, and somehow the show manages to do the same.At this point, Girlboss more closely resembles Hillary’s 2016 presidential campaign than Janet’s Control, but Nasty Gal’s brand is still worth carrying.

Team: Sophia Amoruso (executive producer), Kay Cannon (creator, ep, writer), Christian Ditter (director, ep), Beth Kono (ep), Sonny Lee (writer), Laverne McKinnon (ep), BrittneySegal(ep), Charlize Theron (ep), Steven Tsuchida(director), Caroline Williams (writer), Jane Wiseman(ep), Kristen Zolner (ep)

Girlboss And Malewife

Series Regulars: Britt Robertson as Sophia Marlowe, Ellie Reed as Annie, Alphonso McAuley as Dax, Johnny Simmons as Shane, Dean Norris as Jay

Running out of gas on those SF hills cannot be easy. “Adulthood is where dreams go to die. Grow up, get a job, become a drone. That’s it. Then it’s over.” Champagne opening by sword seems like a great resume skill. “So, Sophia here needs a vodka and cranberry to promote urinary tract health.” Of course Sophia falls for the drummer. “Is this pillow memory foam?” “It’s Tempur-Pedic.” “It’s what I imagine sleeping in a Popeyes biscuit feels like.” The period discussion is inappropriate workplace behavior. “Of course, my rescue dog is spayed. I didn’t wanna rob her of the joys of motherhood, so I had her legally adopt a litter of rescue pups.” Sophia walking into Acquerello with the rug. “Isn’t this a real shit burger?” Louise Fletcher’s grumpy Rosie! “Hard to believe you’re the future. Thank God I’ll be dead.” The hook up clothing removal dance. “Sophia, I’m so glad you’re not injured or dead.” “What do you mean?” “Well, you’re 27 minutes late. So, naturally, I assumed you were hit by a bus and bleeding out onto Market Street.” “Come on, Carol, I never take Market Street.” Sophia using a fake ambulance to hide her tears from Annie. “I think you’re lying.” “Why?” “You have shifty eyes.” “Thank you.” Sophia scooting back in her chair. “You just old-school slapped me.” Landlords should not expect rent if the plumbing is broken. “How was his, uh, you know?” “Asshole?” “Never mind.” “‘Cause his asshole was totally average. His dick is huge. I’m not really sure why you’d ask me about his asshole.” Sophia just being good with makeouts. “You’re late.” “Not yet. Everything before 10 is my time.” Sophia taking a last bite of Carol’s sandwich. “Bam, son!” was so stupid. I’m surprised she didn’t say “Booya!” Sophia’s iBook. “You just think I’m some spoiled brat who’s never had it hard 'cause I didn’t have to walk a mile to school.” “Neither did I. I drove. How old do you think I am?” Don’t order difficult drinks to seem cool. “Before we go, I just wanna remind everyone that the basic tenets of capitalism + democracy contradict each other.” A-fucking-men. “I don’t want a repeat of last time.” “That was a traffic thing. Who knew [San Francisco] had such a huge gay pride parade?” The broken consignment shop hanger. “Pretty deece” makes me want to vomit. “Sophia, you’re young, smart. You’re pretty.” Glad Jay has his priorities straight about his daughter. “Get over here, you dirty slut!” “You trying to reclaim that word?” “No, it’s just fun to shout across a room.” Shane’s seagull cawing. “Is that my sandwich?” “I didn’t know this was yours.” “What did you think the 'C’ stood for?” “Chicken?” “It’s a tuna sandwich.” Sophia carefully folding her valuable jacket to dumpster dive for old bread. “He’s building a water park in your panties!” Jax on Annie’s Brandy Alexander: “Here, here’s some bullshit.” Why didn’t the guy come after Sophia stealing the rug? “If you’d read the latest study, you’d know that honey is great for your complexion, so, I’ve been eating bees, only the queens. Found that out the hard way.” A “really, man?” face tattoo sounds terrible. “Just watching Xbox.” Eating peanut butter on the toilet. “You seem so nice. There’s a real 'I’d go to Africa to dig wells’ kind of vibe about you.” Sophia ripping the seat of her pants. “Love you in case I die.” Sophia uploaded those pics of her jacket really quickly. “Damn, you just ripped yourself a new taint. You okay? Well, unless you want the HPV, better close them damn legs, girl. That shit is everywhere. It’s in the walls.” I LOVE RUPAUL MORE THAN WORDS CAN EVER EXPRESS.

“Dude!” “Doctor.” Hernias are no joke. “Am I really mankind’s last line of defense?” Sophia dancing in her apartment. “Okay, so, I’m not a doctor, and there’s a chance I’m never gonna be one, but my best guess is that this is a baby. Congratulations, Mama!” “It’s not a baby.” Sophia making fun of Lionel for going to work. “Sophia, you’re retrieving sexy like Jason Timberline.” “Just say his name.” “No. Not after what he did to Britney.” Robertson telling off Mobias before stealing the Starting an eBay Business For Dummies book. “You may have found your acorn, my little blind squirrel.” Sophia throwing the Marley + Me at the loss prevention guy. “Is the Penny Saver number five or six on the list of habits of highly effective people?” “A, I’m not loving your attitude. B, I’m looking for estate sales. C–” “Babe, I know you are not alphabetizing me right now.” “I didn’t have a C anyway.” Rita’s enormous walk-in closet! “One day, you’re looking at a mole, next day, stage three melanoma. Take it from Rita Wertheimer.” “Rita died from skin cancer?” “No, she shot herself from loneliness. But through her charity, she raised money for skin cancer awareness.” Annie’s “Harriet Connick Jr.” alias at the free clinic. “Kiss my ass, world!” “As spokesman for the world: No, thanks.” Annie tone-deaf to Sophia’s problems. “I would blow Dick Cheney for a top right now.” Mobias’ justification for running his store. “I’m so sick of being profiled all because I kind of look Indonesian. You’re the whitest girl on this block.” Lionel telling TSA stories in the background. “I once worked one of these sales with a beautiful roll-top desk. I opened up a drawer. Full of teeth.” Sophia flipping off the “Help

Girlboss • Eine Unglaubliche Karriere Als Netflix Serie

Series Regulars: Britt Robertson as Sophia Marlowe, Ellie Reed as Annie, Alphonso McAuley as Dax, Johnny Simmons as Shane, Dean Norris as Jay

Running out of gas on those SF hills cannot be easy. “Adulthood is where dreams go to die. Grow up, get a job, become a drone. That’s it. Then it’s over.” Champagne opening by sword seems like a great resume skill. “So, Sophia here needs a vodka and cranberry to promote urinary tract health.” Of course Sophia falls for the drummer. “Is this pillow memory foam?” “It’s Tempur-Pedic.” “It’s what I imagine sleeping in a Popeyes biscuit feels like.” The period discussion is inappropriate workplace behavior. “Of course, my rescue dog is spayed. I didn’t wanna rob her of the joys of motherhood, so I had her legally adopt a litter of rescue pups.” Sophia walking into Acquerello with the rug. “Isn’t this a real shit burger?” Louise Fletcher’s grumpy Rosie! “Hard to believe you’re the future. Thank God I’ll be dead.” The hook up clothing removal dance. “Sophia, I’m so glad you’re not injured or dead.” “What do you mean?” “Well, you’re 27 minutes late. So, naturally, I assumed you were hit by a bus and bleeding out onto Market Street.” “Come on, Carol, I never take Market Street.” Sophia using a fake ambulance to hide her tears from Annie. “I think you’re lying.” “Why?” “You have shifty eyes.” “Thank you.” Sophia scooting back in her chair. “You just old-school slapped me.” Landlords should not expect rent if the plumbing is broken. “How was his, uh, you know?” “Asshole?” “Never mind.” “‘Cause his asshole was totally average. His dick is huge. I’m not really sure why you’d ask me about his asshole.” Sophia just being good with makeouts. “You’re late.” “Not yet. Everything before 10 is my time.” Sophia taking a last bite of Carol’s sandwich. “Bam, son!” was so stupid. I’m surprised she didn’t say “Booya!” Sophia’s iBook. “You just think I’m some spoiled brat who’s never had it hard 'cause I didn’t have to walk a mile to school.” “Neither did I. I drove. How old do you think I am?” Don’t order difficult drinks to seem cool. “Before we go, I just wanna remind everyone that the basic tenets of capitalism + democracy contradict each other.” A-fucking-men. “I don’t want a repeat of last time.” “That was a traffic thing. Who knew [San Francisco] had such a huge gay pride parade?” The broken consignment shop hanger. “Pretty deece” makes me want to vomit. “Sophia, you’re young, smart. You’re pretty.” Glad Jay has his priorities straight about his daughter. “Get over here, you dirty slut!” “You trying to reclaim that word?” “No, it’s just fun to shout across a room.” Shane’s seagull cawing. “Is that my sandwich?” “I didn’t know this was yours.” “What did you think the 'C’ stood for?” “Chicken?” “It’s a tuna sandwich.” Sophia carefully folding her valuable jacket to dumpster dive for old bread. “He’s building a water park in your panties!” Jax on Annie’s Brandy Alexander: “Here, here’s some bullshit.” Why didn’t the guy come after Sophia stealing the rug? “If you’d read the latest study, you’d know that honey is great for your complexion, so, I’ve been eating bees, only the queens. Found that out the hard way.” A “really, man?” face tattoo sounds terrible. “Just watching Xbox.” Eating peanut butter on the toilet. “You seem so nice. There’s a real 'I’d go to Africa to dig wells’ kind of vibe about you.” Sophia ripping the seat of her pants. “Love you in case I die.” Sophia uploaded those pics of her jacket really quickly. “Damn, you just ripped yourself a new taint. You okay? Well, unless you want the HPV, better close them damn legs, girl. That shit is everywhere. It’s in the walls.” I LOVE RUPAUL MORE THAN WORDS CAN EVER EXPRESS.

“Dude!” “Doctor.” Hernias are no joke. “Am I really mankind’s last line of defense?” Sophia dancing in her apartment. “Okay, so, I’m not a doctor, and there’s a chance I’m never gonna be one, but my best guess is that this is a baby. Congratulations, Mama!” “It’s not a baby.” Sophia making fun of Lionel for going to work. “Sophia, you’re retrieving sexy like Jason Timberline.” “Just say his name.” “No. Not after what he did to Britney.” Robertson telling off Mobias before stealing the Starting an eBay Business For Dummies book. “You may have found your acorn, my little blind squirrel.” Sophia throwing the Marley + Me at the loss prevention guy. “Is the Penny Saver number five or six on the list of habits of highly effective people?” “A, I’m not loving your attitude. B, I’m looking for estate sales. C–” “Babe, I know you are not alphabetizing me right now.” “I didn’t have a C anyway.” Rita’s enormous walk-in closet! “One day, you’re looking at a mole, next day, stage three melanoma. Take it from Rita Wertheimer.” “Rita died from skin cancer?” “No, she shot herself from loneliness. But through her charity, she raised money for skin cancer awareness.” Annie’s “Harriet Connick Jr.” alias at the free clinic. “Kiss my ass, world!” “As spokesman for the world: No, thanks.” Annie tone-deaf to Sophia’s problems. “I would blow Dick Cheney for a top right now.” Mobias’ justification for running his store. “I’m so sick of being profiled all because I kind of look Indonesian. You’re the whitest girl on this block.” Lionel telling TSA stories in the background. “I once worked one of these sales with a beautiful roll-top desk. I opened up a drawer. Full of teeth.” Sophia flipping off the “Help

Girlboss • Eine Unglaubliche Karriere Als Netflix Serie

Series Regulars: Britt Robertson as Sophia Marlowe, Ellie Reed as Annie, Alphonso McAuley as Dax, Johnny Simmons as Shane, Dean Norris as Jay

Running out of gas on those SF hills cannot be easy. “Adulthood is where dreams go to die. Grow up, get a job, become a drone. That’s it. Then it’s over.” Champagne opening by sword seems like a great resume skill. “So, Sophia here needs a vodka and cranberry to promote urinary tract health.” Of course Sophia falls for the drummer. “Is this pillow memory foam?” “It’s Tempur-Pedic.” “It’s what I imagine sleeping in a Popeyes biscuit feels like.” The period discussion is inappropriate workplace behavior. “Of course, my rescue dog is spayed. I didn’t wanna rob her of the joys of motherhood, so I had her legally adopt a litter of rescue pups.” Sophia walking into Acquerello with the rug. “Isn’t this a real shit burger?” Louise Fletcher’s grumpy Rosie! “Hard to believe you’re the future. Thank God I’ll be dead.” The hook up clothing removal dance. “Sophia, I’m so glad you’re not injured or dead.” “What do you mean?” “Well, you’re 27 minutes late. So, naturally, I assumed you were hit by a bus and bleeding out onto Market Street.” “Come on, Carol, I never take Market Street.” Sophia using a fake ambulance to hide her tears from Annie. “I think you’re lying.” “Why?” “You have shifty eyes.” “Thank you.” Sophia scooting back in her chair. “You just old-school slapped me.” Landlords should not expect rent if the plumbing is broken. “How was his, uh, you know?” “Asshole?” “Never mind.” “‘Cause his asshole was totally average. His dick is huge. I’m not really sure why you’d ask me about his asshole.” Sophia just being good with makeouts. “You’re late.” “Not yet. Everything before 10 is my time.” Sophia taking a last bite of Carol’s sandwich. “Bam, son!” was so stupid. I’m surprised she didn’t say “Booya!” Sophia’s iBook. “You just think I’m some spoiled brat who’s never had it hard 'cause I didn’t have to walk a mile to school.” “Neither did I. I drove. How old do you think I am?” Don’t order difficult drinks to seem cool. “Before we go, I just wanna remind everyone that the basic tenets of capitalism + democracy contradict each other.” A-fucking-men. “I don’t want a repeat of last time.” “That was a traffic thing. Who knew [San Francisco] had such a huge gay pride parade?” The broken consignment shop hanger. “Pretty deece” makes me want to vomit. “Sophia, you’re young, smart. You’re pretty.” Glad Jay has his priorities straight about his daughter. “Get over here, you dirty slut!” “You trying to reclaim that word?” “No, it’s just fun to shout across a room.” Shane’s seagull cawing. “Is that my sandwich?” “I didn’t know this was yours.” “What did you think the 'C’ stood for?” “Chicken?” “It’s a tuna sandwich.” Sophia carefully folding her valuable jacket to dumpster dive for old bread. “He’s building a water park in your panties!” Jax on Annie’s Brandy Alexander: “Here, here’s some bullshit.” Why didn’t the guy come after Sophia stealing the rug? “If you’d read the latest study, you’d know that honey is great for your complexion, so, I’ve been eating bees, only the queens. Found that out the hard way.” A “really, man?” face tattoo sounds terrible. “Just watching Xbox.” Eating peanut butter on the toilet. “You seem so nice. There’s a real 'I’d go to Africa to dig wells’ kind of vibe about you.” Sophia ripping the seat of her pants. “Love you in case I die.” Sophia uploaded those pics of her jacket really quickly. “Damn, you just ripped yourself a new taint. You okay? Well, unless you want the HPV, better close them damn legs, girl. That shit is everywhere. It’s in the walls.” I LOVE RUPAUL MORE THAN WORDS CAN EVER EXPRESS.

“Dude!” “Doctor.” Hernias are no joke. “Am I really mankind’s last line of defense?” Sophia dancing in her apartment. “Okay, so, I’m not a doctor, and there’s a chance I’m never gonna be one, but my best guess is that this is a baby. Congratulations, Mama!” “It’s not a baby.” Sophia making fun of Lionel for going to work. “Sophia, you’re retrieving sexy like Jason Timberline.” “Just say his name.” “No. Not after what he did to Britney.” Robertson telling off Mobias before stealing the Starting an eBay Business For Dummies book. “You may have found your acorn, my little blind squirrel.” Sophia throwing the Marley + Me at the loss prevention guy. “Is the Penny Saver number five or six on the list of habits of highly effective people?” “A, I’m not loving your attitude. B, I’m looking for estate sales. C–” “Babe, I know you are not alphabetizing me right now.” “I didn’t have a C anyway.” Rita’s enormous walk-in closet! “One day, you’re looking at a mole, next day, stage three melanoma. Take it from Rita Wertheimer.” “Rita died from skin cancer?” “No, she shot herself from loneliness. But through her charity, she raised money for skin cancer awareness.” Annie’s “Harriet Connick Jr.” alias at the free clinic. “Kiss my ass, world!” “As spokesman for the world: No, thanks.” Annie tone-deaf to Sophia’s problems. “I would blow Dick Cheney for a top right now.” Mobias’ justification for running his store. “I’m so sick of being profiled all because I kind of look Indonesian. You’re the whitest girl on this block.” Lionel telling TSA stories in the background. “I once worked one of these sales with a beautiful roll-top desk. I opened up a drawer. Full of teeth.” Sophia flipping off the “Help

Girlboss • Eine Unglaubliche Karriere Als Netflix Serie

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Netflix Tumblr"