Girlboss Rally Nyc 2018

Girlboss Rally Nyc 2018

The 2018 Girlboss Rally took place last weekend (November 17 and 18) at the spacious Knockdown Center located in New York, and it was pretty awesome. An honorable mention in all this before I dig into my spiel about the conference is that I was one of ten recipients (out of hundreds of applicants) for the Girlboss Game Changers Scholarship in partnership with T-Mobile (so shout out T-Mobile!).

Ever since I saw Girlboss announce their first rally, I was dying to attend! Last year was the first year I saw that they were hosting this scholarship, giving women whom are game changers the opportunity to attend (at no cost - for being a bada**) and I eagerly applied. And was SO bummed when I didn’t receive it. Fast forward one year, and here I am, a Girlboss Game Changer recipient! Of course I was ecstatic when I received the email and am so grateful to have been able to experience the rally this way.

What

For the first time, the Girlboss Rally was not one but TWO days of panel discussions, “fireside chats”, shopping, and more. Featured speakers included girlbosses like (but not limited to): Amani Al-Khatathbeh, Ariel Wengroff, Brooklyn Decker, Piera Gelardi, Arianna Huffington, and Rea Ann Silva. I personally was most excited for Hannah Bronfman, Cyndi Ramirez, Elaine Welteroth, and

Girlboss Rally Recap

As I do most of (if not all) the time, I attended this rally alone. (Click here if you’d like to read some ways to make the most out of attending a conference alone!).

I, personally, really enjoy attending conferences alone because it really encourages (and pretty much forces) you to connect with and meet other attendees. Especially if the organizer(s) do a good job at making it feel like a safe space to do so, which Girlboss successfully did (IMO) with things like mini-meetups and speakers directly saying “introduce yourself to the person next to you!” - which sometimes is necessary for some to get out of their shell.

Aside from meeting new people, you also have the freedom of exploring whatever and however you want at conferences when you’re alone without worrying about what the other person wants to do. At the Rally, I would go get some snacks or some coffee as I pleased (which I loved was at our disposal all weekend, all day) - there was also seemingly a plethora of Smartwater water bottles for us, too! I would sometimes leave a panel discussion a little early to go roam the shopping bazaar and meet all the vendors there (which were all women owned brands). Shout out ThirdLove for the free bra! And I also (last minute) signed up for things like a tarot reading and the entrepreneur meetup.

Symone Sanders, Chief Spokeswoman To Vice President Harris, To Leave White House

The venue was pretty cool. And I really like the design aesthetic that Girlboss went with for 2018. Simple, chic, and loved the color scheme of soft pinks, sunflower yellows, and navy blue.

There were four different rooms dedicated to panel discussions, one being the main room in the center of it all, which was titled the “BallerRoom.” The others were “Hustle Hall, ” “Startup Studio, ” and “Wealth & Wellness.” I dig the names.

Personally, from a event producer standpoint, I feel their production staff did a great job at managing the sound in each room, making sure they didn’t leak into each other (as all the rooms essentially weren’t closed off with walls). There was a hiccup during Arianna Huffington’s talk, but it really was no biggie.

Apriljust Jared: Celebrity Gossip And Breaking Entertainment News

Some random things that I appreciated from the Girlboss Rally are: the non-gender specific restrooms, quick turnaround in receiving our headshots (see below), the amount of times stats were mentioned throughout the weekend (#RethinkTheRatio), amount of panels that were focused on business finances, non-moderated meetup sessions, the curated book store (there was an awesome selection, would’ve bought them all if I could’ve), Uber discount was LEGIT and RAD, and the “mother’s room.” I loved seeing mommas there with their strollers and babies, the Rally was accessible for mothers and that’s super important (especially for women focused events). And on that note, it was also awesome seeing women of all ages there! I love seeing people invest in themselves and learning at any/every age.

In comparison to other conferences I’ve attended, I would have to say the Girlboss Rally probably had the best curation of panel discussion topics. I, again, really just appreciated how much they talked about finances. It’s SO important to talk about! And there was a really great opening speaker named Sallie Krawcheck on Saturday, whom I wish was scheduled for a full hour instead of thirty minutes because her real talk on finances was incredible.

All that being said, I would definitely recommend you attend this conference if it peaks your interest - especially if you are a fan of the Girlboss brand. And

Photos

Inspiring Takeaways For Retailers From The Girlboss Rally

Previous Previous A Week-Long Date Between Myself And New York City Next Next Transitioning From The Tech To Creative World With Enkrypt Los AngelesSo I’m a dude and I was at the New York #GirlBossRally… Confused? Me too frankly. When my mom couldn’t make the trip to New York for Nasty Gal Founder Sophia Amoruso’s conference, I ended up going in her place. As a business student and the child of two badass entrepreneurs and business owners, I have an obsession with these kind of business events. While I was excited to go, I honestly wasn’t sure I could even get in since it is a GIRLboss conference.

When Trisha, Couleur Nature and Caravan Marketing Director, called customer service they said “there will be some guys at the event.” Let me tell you that the only guys at this thing were the tech team and the photographers. Even though I kept getting those shocked “why are you here?” looks, I actually ended up having an amazing time learning about market trends, entrepreneurship, and life skills from some of the female trailblazers in business.

One of the first talks of day one was from Sallie Krawvcheck, one of Fast Companies “100 Most Creative People” and founder of investment platform Ellevest. The talk covered investment and how it is NEVER too early to start planning for the future. So often we look at the short term and are not focused on our 60, 70, or even 80 year old self. Krawvcheck says that we should all use this philosophy as it relates to money: 50% allocated toward need, 30% towards fun, and 20% towards “future you.”

What I Learned From The 2018 Nyc Girlboss Rallyblog Post, Luxury Images— The Luxury Choyce

Refinery29 has changed the media landscape in so many ways. With honest, raw, and creative stories that follow real world people. Co-Founder and Executive Creative Director Piera Gelardi took time to talk about finding and expanding our creative power.

So many people in the room where successful entrepreneurs, side hustlers, or people who had dreams of starting their own business (like myself). Even the people who worked for large corporations could take away valuable tips from the weekends speakers.

-

Sophia Amoruso, Nasty Gal and Girlboss founder, moderated a panel with Museum of Ice Cream CEO Maryellis Bunn, Senior Director of Creative Collaborations and Influencer Marketing at Target Noria Morales, and Global Head of Brand Relevance at Uber Erika Decker Wykes-Sneyd. This is what they had to say…

Brooklyn Decker Responds To Body Shamers Criticizing Her Post Baby Body

Huffington Post and Thrive Global Founder Arianna Huffington, one of my favorite speakers, took the time to talk to Sophia Amoruso about the importance of self-care, unplugging and recharging, and her personal experiences with stress. Here were some of the great words she had to share to with the group.

So often we think we must be in competition with others in order to get ahead. The reality is that cooperative relationships often lead to the best returns. Writer Marjon Carlos, Teach and Transform Founder Liz Kleinrock, and designer Madeline Poole said this…

There were hundreds of incredible speakers throughout the two days. While the mixed gender bathroom experience was a bit awkward in the beginning, I had such an incredible time at the #GirlbossRally and learned so much about business and life. Thanks Sophia and the entire Girlboss team for putting on such a great event.We did it! After months of planning our second Rally NYC 2018—not to mention our first weekend-long program—we can rest easy knowing this conference was unlike

Photos & High Res Pictures

You’ve ever seen before. We’re proud to say it was nothing like your typical conference, because this year’s Rally NYC was designed to do so much

Meet

It’s meant to inspire, empower, and connect you with some of the most amazing women around the world. It’s meant to leave you feeling like you’ve just walked into a room full of bright, ambitious, and talented women. Because you 

In fact, more than 1, 100 women gathered at the 2018 Rally NYC. The fun all began on November 17, at the Knockdown Center in Queens, New York. The multi-purpose venue was just the right size for us to have four different stages, a VIP lounge, the Collective shopping bazaar, meetups, Boss Shot photo sessions, and more.

From Girlboss Community To Chairman Mom, Female Founders Dash To Build Utopian Networking Platforms For Women

All in all, it was a magical two days filled with inspiring conversations onstage, skill-building

Posting Komentar untuk "Girlboss Rally Nyc 2018"